Do you put your liquor in these?

Deleted User 172

Unread post

No. But I would if the liquor itself warranted crystal.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I dont put alcohol in anything.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It benefits some reds, but doesn’t really do much for others.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm Red wine can be decanted but doesn’t need to be necessarily.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12 pm

The main reason to use a decanter is for appearance, style and to show off the clarity of the alcohol.
Technically red wine needs to be decanted so it can breathe before pouring and drinking
SO owns a winery and insists it should be. I dont drink and really dont care either way. The few times I took a sip of red wine, it felt like I had dog fur in my mouth, lol
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Never used them. Prefer to keep them in the original bottle.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:33 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm Those decanters have lead in the crystal. I have an old one. Never used it. I like my booze to be lead free.
Wow
It's the lead that makes them all sparkly and pretty, but not safe.
https://scotchaddict.com/are-leaded-cry ... erous.html
Is lead really dangerous? Only if you store the whisky, or other spirits or liquids, in the decanter for longer periods of time. The lead can leach into the spirit and ingesting it is not safe. According to The Nibble, the leaching of lead is must faster than you’d guess.

Researches stored port wine in lead crystal decanters and detected 89 micrograms (per liter) after 2 days and 2,000 – 5,000 micrograms after four months. White wine doubled its lead content within an hour and tripled within four. Brandy stored in lead crystal had around 20,000 micrograms of lead after five years.

The EPA’s lead standard in drinking water is a mere 50 micrograms per liter.
That's very disturbing. I actually considered using them because I love the way they look.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm Not anymore. In my older home I have a lot of antiques. I have many crystal items(decanter, glasses, vases, oil lamps, serving trays.. you name it).
Your older home sounds a lot like what we have stored in our home now. We have everything you mentioned and more.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm Not anymore. In my older home I have a lot of antiques. I have many crystal items(decanter, glasses, vases, oil lamps, serving trays.. you name it).
Your older home sounds a lot like what we have stored in our home now. We have everything you mentioned and more.
My stuff was passed down from my great great grandmother. I have some really nice piece and furniture.. It's all still in great condition after all these years.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm It benefits some reds, but doesn’t really do much for others.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm Red wine can be decanted but doesn’t need to be necessarily.

SO owns a winery and insists it should be. I dont drink and really dont care either way. The few times I took a sip of red wine, it felt like I had dog fur in my mouth, lol
You and SO know a lot more about this than I do or will ever know, lol
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:07 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 pm
My stuff was passed down from my great great grandmother. I have some really nice piece and furniture.. It's all still in great condition after all these years.
My SO stuff was passed down from generations as well. I like that he has so many things but I hate that he has so much of his great great, that our homes are looking like hoarders. What do you plan to do with everything eventually?
Locked Previous topicNext topic