Do you put your liquor in these?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm Those decanters have lead in the crystal. I have an old one. Never used it. I like my booze to be lead free.
Wow
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, DH just keeps it all in the original bottle in a cabinet in our bedroom.

Those look like old versions of what the Salvatores kept their liquor in on The Vampire Diaries.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DH used to put whiskey in a personalized decanter I got him as a Valentine's gift before we got married, but it's since broken and he hasn't bothered using another one after.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Red wine can be decanted but doesn’t need to be necessarily.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:56 pm Honey those crystal decanters are older than I am. Lol
Lol I only see that shit on movies. I like the look but I couldn't get into it and I believe people like to see their liquor in the original bottle nowadays.
The main reason to use a decanter is for appearance, style and to show off the clarity of the alcohol.
Technically red wine needs to be decanted so it can breathe before pouring and drinking
Deleted User 670

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:33 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm Those decanters have lead in the crystal. I have an old one. Never used it. I like my booze to be lead free.
Wow
It's the lead that makes them all sparkly and pretty, but not safe.
https://scotchaddict.com/are-leaded-cry ... erous.html
Is lead really dangerous? Only if you store the whisky, or other spirits or liquids, in the decanter for longer periods of time. The lead can leach into the spirit and ingesting it is not safe. According to The Nibble, the leaching of lead is must faster than you’d guess.

Researches stored port wine in lead crystal decanters and detected 89 micrograms (per liter) after 2 days and 2,000 – 5,000 micrograms after four months. White wine doubled its lead content within an hour and tripled within four. Brandy stored in lead crystal had around 20,000 micrograms of lead after five years.

The EPA’s lead standard in drinking water is a mere 50 micrograms per liter.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Nah, not classy enough for all that
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not anymore. In my older home I have a lot of antiques. I have many crystal items(decanter, glasses, vases, oil lamps, serving trays.. you name it).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm Red wine can be decanted but doesn’t need to be necessarily.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:12 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Lol I only see that shit on movies. I like the look but I couldn't get into it and I believe people like to see their liquor in the original bottle nowadays.
The main reason to use a decanter is for appearance, style and to show off the clarity of the alcohol.
Technically red wine needs to be decanted so it can breathe before pouring and drinking
SO owns a winery and insists it should be. I dont drink and really dont care either way. The few times I took a sip of red wine, it felt like I had dog fur in my mouth, lol
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Only for parties.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Many years ago, if I had dinner guests and was serving wine, I'd place my wine in a decanter and place that on the dining room table. But I haven't done that in years. I got rid of all that stuff.
Locked Previous topicNext topic