Who would you say is at fault?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a conversation on a local FB page.

A couple went to a small local Mexican food restaurant. They thought the salsa was amazing. (I’ve had it. It’s freaking awesome). They asked for some to go. When the check came they put their credit card in and didn’t look at the bill. When they got home they realized they were charged for the to go salsa. (It was $4 for a large size). They immediately went to FB to complain that the server didn’t tell them. However, it is on the menu that chips and salsa are complimentary while in the restaurant but to-go is charged.

The couple thinks that A. The restaurant shouldn’t charge for salsa to go. And B. The waitress should have told them how much it was and that it wasn’t free.

There are over 200 comments since last night.

Personally, I think it is kind of crazy to expect to take a large container of salsa home for free.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't believe they are having this discussion over 4 bucks. If it is clearly printed in the menu to go price for salsa the restaurant is in the right. If the couple failed to see that or ask that's on them.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would expect to be charged. The couple are assholes.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:36 am I would expect to be charged. The couple are assholes.
Right. It’s not like they were charged some ridiculous amount. I could see being upset if it was like $10 or not on the menu.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's $4 freaking dollars. Why on earth would they think they get a free container of salsa to go? Bitch about it at home if you must, but they're very wrong for screwing with the restaurant's reputation over their own entitlement.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They should’ve asked. There’s a difference between eating a complimentary order at the restaurant and ordering another to go, it’s common sense. There’s a local falafel and shawarma restaurant here and the hummus, tahini sauce and spicy sauce are complimentary while you’re having to eat there. If you order to go, they’ll give you small containers of each. But if you order a separate portion of either, then that’s extra. They’re larger containers. As I said, common sense.
And really... if they’re bitching about 4 bucks, maybe they shouldn’t be eating out, unless it’s a fast food joint that offers a $5 deal for both... And to bitch about it publicly, that’s just trashy. Over 4 bucks?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

IF I asked for salsa to go, I'd assume there would be a charge for it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What trash to be worried over $4
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cheapskate assholes will bitch about anything. They are wrong, its the not the waitresses job to tell them its 4 dollars for the salsa if its written on the menu
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's your mom's fault
Locked Previous topicNext topic