School Safety Question

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm My school pushes the see something, say something motto. There's even an app for reporting. And if you report they take it seriously. Yes someone can still bring something in but oftentimes they post on social media. Some stupid mother just got her self arrested for threatening a school shooting. She was angry her kids got transferred and she told a friend on Facebook messenger. He reported her.
I'm curious, what do they do about false reports? Kids are still kids and do stupid shit. Like "She stole my boyfriend? I'll show her!" and then create a false report on the other person. I could see that being more of an issue than actual legitimate threats.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am
Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm My school pushes the see something, say something motto. There's even an app for reporting. And if you report they take it seriously. Yes someone can still bring something in but oftentimes they post on social media. Some stupid mother just got her self arrested for threatening a school shooting. She was angry her kids got transferred and she told a friend on Facebook messenger. He reported her.
I'm curious, what do they do about false reports? Kids are still kids and do stupid shit. Like "She stole my boyfriend? I'll show her!" and then create a false report on the other person. I could see that being more of an issue than actual legitimate threats.
I don't know. I haven't heard of that happening. I can't say this is the reason because maybe it's not but we're only a few hours from Parkland. So as far as I can tell the high schoolers take it seriously. The middle schoolers may be another story. I would imagine the reporter would be arrested for making a false report.
Locked Previous topicNext topic