You married a level 2 S*x offender how exactly did you think that was going to work

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:02 pm How do you know about the dad’s S*x offender status? No one background checked me when I signed my kids up for preschool....
When a S*x offender moves in the neighborhoods are notified
I'm signed up to be notified if one moves within a three mile radius.
i want candy!
Anonymous 6

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm I can understand not wanting him around the other children, but I don’t see a reason to exclude the child from activities that the dad wouldn’t be able to attend anyway. It’s not the girl’s fault.
Because we don't want the family to have our phone numbers and addresses. No its not the girl's fault but that doesn't mean her feelings come before our children's safety
They wouldn't need to know anyone's address in order to meet up with a group at a playground or other kid friendly location. And I guess I don't share the same concern about them knowing your phone number, but there are other ways to communicate if that's a problem.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:53 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm

My children have only gone to private preschool (no public preschool here) and private school, and every one publishes a directory. I even have the phone numbers and addresses of all the teachers. Honestly I have no idea why it would bother anyone.
I would never give my name, phone number, or address out to strangers. Not sure why anyone would be okay with that
Don’t you want to get to know the parents of your children’s classmates so that they are no longer strangers?
If I get to know someone we exchange numbers. If there is reason for it I give them my address. There is 0 reason to have every single parents name, address, and phone number.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

And the scary thing is...There will be offenders who aren't on the list.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How sad for everyone...
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm If he served time and is on a S*x offender list how can he even live with a child? In my state they would take the child away if mom continued to live there or mom would have to move or kick him out f she wanted to keep her children.

Many people don't know this but when pedos get out of prison they are considered rehabilitated and are able to be around their own kids if the kids weren't their victims. I only know because a friend married a S*x offender so I looked it up. His charge was baloney anyways and after he proved it he wasn't on the list anymore but he was still one when she married him and had kids with him.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

I would be open to having the kids playing somewhere neutral so long as it's the mom that is facilitating the play dates. It's not fair to punish the kids for the sins of their father.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I completely agree with you.

That woman is an idiot.

How long before he abuses his daughter? Oh of course not, he's "reformed". 🙄

LOL at the people saying you are discriminating against this family. Protecting your innocent child isn't discrimination.

Parents can choose which families to be around for any reason. Having people invite your family to events is not a participation trophy. You need to earn their trust and their friendship. You don't always get invited to the birthday party.
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What about meeting them in a public place?
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:34 pm And the scary thing is...There will be offenders who aren't on the list.
Absolutely. So why on earth would you want 25-50 complete strangers to have your phone number and address
Locked Previous topicNext topic