Being considered a victim makes me angry

Anon

Unread post

I don’t know how to explain myself. I’m starting to understand that my entire relationship was filled with emotional and verbal abuse. I know I need to get over my denial but the idea that I’m anyone’s victim makes me so angry.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I get that. So don't be one.
Anon

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:52 am I get that. So don't be one.
My last relationship was full of verbal and emotional abuse. I let that happen, I let him treat me like that & I believed him. It’s not that simple
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anon wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 am
My last relationship was full of verbal and emotional abuse. I let that happen, I let him treat me like that & I believed him. It’s not that simple
Don't be one now.
Anon

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:58 am
Anon wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 am
Don't be one now.
It will never happen again
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That anger is fuel to get past the bullshit. Use it. Don't be a victim. Part of not being a victim is making sure that you do whatever you need to do so that his words/actions don't dictate/influence your future.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Anon

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 am That anger is fuel to get past the bullshit. Use it. Don't be a victim. Part of not being a victim is making sure that you do whatever you need to do so that his words/actions don't dictate/influence your future.
Then I need to get the garbage out of my head. Somehow
RedBottoms

Unread post

I get that. Maybe therapy would help?
Anon

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 am I get that. Maybe therapy would help?
I started therapy, she wants me to talk about what happened and understand that verbal and emotional abuse is what happened
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anon wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 am
RedBottoms wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 am I get that. Maybe therapy would help?
I started therapy, she wants me to talk about what happened and understand that verbal and emotional abuse is what happened
if that is what happened then it is what it is. But what you need to maybe take from that is "How can I never put myself in that situation again?" "How can I choose better for myself next time?" "How can I learn to better identify red flags of an abuser and not fall in with one again?" "How can I learn to work on myself to be my best self so I will accept the love I KNOW I deserve next time instead of something less?"
Locked Previous topicNext topic