Anonymous 1

Unread post

https://bit.ly/2X1rRRM

How do you feel about this situation?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not enough info to decide. With the mental age of a 6-9 year old I agree that the woman is in no position to care for the infant on her own. That said the woman is taken care of by her mother and her mother wishes the pregnancy to continue as well so I'd have to have more information on her mother and her ability to care for an infant. (Such as how old is the mother is she of good health etc.) On the flip side the woman's mother did somehow maintain enough negligence that the mentally incapacitated woman ended up being raped or having S*x when she did not possess the mental capability to consent so.....really more information is needed to determine if the state is indeed acting in the best interest of all parties.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm Not enough info to decide. With the mental age of a 6-9 year old I agree that the woman is in no position to care for the infant on her own. That said the woman is taken care of by her mother and her mother wishes the pregnancy to continue as well so I'd have to have more information on her mother and her ability to care for an infant. (Such as how old is the mother is she of good health etc.) On the flip side the woman's mother did somehow maintain enough negligence that the mentally incapacitated woman ended up being raped or having S*x when she did not possess the mental capability to consent so.....really more information is needed to determine if the state is indeed acting in the best interest of all parties.

I thought the woman was living in state care, not her mothers care....am I wrong?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think they are making the right decision. The mother of the pregnant women clearly isnt caring for her that well if she got pregnant. Also if she isnt in her care then she has no business raising her grandchild instead of taking care of her own child.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk.. this is Britain. If this was America I suppose I'd say the family has the right to choose. I'd also want to know details of the pregnancy. Was she molested? That matters. Who's the father? But generally if the family can raise the baby why the abortion? But Britain has different laws I'd imagine.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:40 pm Not enough info to decide. With the mental age of a 6-9 year old I agree that the woman is in no position to care for the infant on her own. That said the woman is taken care of by her mother and her mother wishes the pregnancy to continue as well so I'd have to have more information on her mother and her ability to care for an infant. (Such as how old is the mother is she of good health etc.) On the flip side the woman's mother did somehow maintain enough negligence that the mentally incapacitated woman ended up being raped or having S*x when she did not possess the mental capability to consent so.....really more information is needed to determine if the state is indeed acting in the best interest of all parties.

I thought the woman was living in state care, not her mothers care....am I wrong?
It's unclear. The NHS is responsible for making healthcare decisions for the woman and there is a social worker that aids in her care as well but both those things can happen with the woman residing with her mother. There is an ongoing investigation as to how the woman became pregnant in the first place.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 pm Idk.. this is Britain. If this was America I suppose I'd say the family has the right to choose. I'd also want to know details of the pregnancy. Was she molested? That matters. Who's the father? But generally if the family can raise the baby why the abortion? But Britain has different laws I'd imagine.
She was raped. Someone with her mental capacity can not consent to S*x. That is like asking if a 9 year old who is pregnant was molested....

The mother clearly isnt doing that well with her daughter... why would it be a good idea to add a baby to that mess?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 pm Idk.. this is Britain. If this was America I suppose I'd say the family has the right to choose. I'd also want to know details of the pregnancy. Was she molested? That matters. Who's the father? But generally if the family can raise the baby why the abortion? But Britain has different laws I'd imagine.
She was raped. Someone with her mental capacity can not consent to S*x. That is like asking if a 9 year old who is pregnant was molested....

The mother clearly isnt doing that well with her daughter... why would it be a good idea to add a baby to that mess?
Idk. You're right that it would be considered molestation. I see your pov about mother and daughter although Idk her home life. But to me personally pro choice means that. Why is that judge even getting involved in this girl's affairs if the family will raise the child?
This is a slippery slope that's all.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Idk. You're right that it would be considered molestation. I see your pov about mother and daughter although Idk her home life. But to me personally pro choice means that. Why is that judge even getting involved in this girl's affairs if the family will raise the child?
Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
I see nothing in this article that the mother is incompetent. Idk where the girl lives. If it's a facility or group home it's easy enough for the girl to get molested. Happens every day. For what it's worth I think the abortion isn't a bad idea. It still won't change my mind that this is still a slippery slope.
Locked Previous topicNext topic