37 mean I can't have a baby?!

Anonymous 9

Unread post

A very good family friend of mine had her one and only at 40. He's now around 10 and perfectly healthy.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

A women at any age can have a baby with Down’s syndrome, the odds are increased as a woman gets older but still not that high. Also infertility is more common after 35 so don’t wait too long.
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My brother was born just before my mom turned 41. I was 21.
HandMmom12
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I had my youngest at 40. He’s perfectly healthy and has a shit ton of energy. Something I no longer have...
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I was reading the other day a new study saying that having a baby over the age of 35 isn't as risky as they thought. It said the increase in older mothers gave them more data to study.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm My mom just informed me that 37 is too old to have a baby! She said that if it does happen, it will definitely have down syndrome. I'm crushed! Are there any other mama's on here that are around my age with non syndrome kids?
I had my last at 40, perfectly healthy. He is now 7yrs old. Do not listen to your crazy mom.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:34 pm Awesome way to get info on members....
Compared to what some tell this is nothing and who would care anyway? The risk is higher the older you get. I do know older moms however where the kid is fine.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had my son when I was 35. I'll be 37 soon, and talked to my doctor back in January about having another baby. She said she didn't see a problem with it.

It's not too old, but there are health risks. I had GD when I was pregnant with Monkey, but other than that there were no problems, and he's perfectly fine today.

Anonymous 11

Unread post

I had triplets at 39, all born healthy with no issues. While I'm sure your mom means well she is wrong. There is no will definitely have downs or any disability for that matter. Yes having babies later in life has more risks for both baby and mom but your mom can't predict the outcome.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Your mother is an idiot. I know people who had kids in their 40 and 50 without downs. 🤦🤦🤦🤦
Locked Previous topicNext topic