37 mean I can't have a baby?!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mom just informed me that 37 is too old to have a baby! She said that if it does happen, it will definitely have down syndrome. I'm crushed! Are there any other mama's on here that are around my age with non syndrome kids?
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had my dd at 37.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

37 is not too old but geriatric pregnancies do carry higher risks for mom and baby
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm My mom just informed me that 37 is too old to have a baby! She said that if it does happen, it will definitely have down syndrome. I'm crushed! Are there any other mama's on here that are around my age with non syndrome kids?
Im in my mid 40s and have 2 under 5 without downs
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's not too old but I wouldn't only because at 37 my daughter will be 15 and I don't want to start over. My daughter has a friend whose mom had her at 48 and she doesn't have down syndrome.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was 6 weeks shy of 37 with my first. For my second I was 38 yes 4 months and 10 days old. I was considered geriatric for both but had zero issues with either and was home writhing 36 hours with both.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not too old ..
Deleted User 670

Unread post

My daughter was born when I was 36. She's perfectly neurotypical. No downs. I did have an amniocentesis to test for anomalies. But she passed with flying colors. I had a typically normal pregnancy with no health issues except for tail bone pain in the 3rd trimester as she settled on my spine. I had zero issues with edema, swelling or high blood pressure.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had my one and only when I was in my very late 30's...She was born perfectly healthy. I had a healthy pregnancy with no complications.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:47 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm My mom just informed me that 37 is too old to have a baby! She said that if it does happen, it will definitely have down syndrome. I'm crushed! Are there any other mama's on here that are around my age with non syndrome kids?
Im in my mid 40s and have 2 under 5 without downs
This makes me feel so much better!
Locked Previous topicNext topic