Restaurant that doesn't allow children

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I like eating in the quiet without my children at times. The one I love is 21, the atmosphere is quiet. It’s nice to unwind & listen to jazz.
No different than going to a bar. There are plenty of restaurants children can enter, if just pick somewhere else to eat.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't even know if we have such a place near me! Now, you've got me wondering.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:05 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:55 pm What's the minimum age requirement to dine there?
It's 18+.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no issues with restaurants that do not allow children. The business is trying to create an adult atmosphere as is their right.

On another note, while not so much now, but in years past after a hard parenting day with toddlers, it was nice to get out to an adult environment for a quiet meal and glass of wine.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

A restaurant like that wouldn't have kid friendly food so no we wouldn't have gone. When the kid was maybe 2 years old, my FIL came to visit and took us out to dinner to the restaurant at a Westfields Marriott and it was 2 forking hours before we got to eat. My kid was going absolutely bananas. I walked with her all over that damn hotel to keep her occupied. She was well behaved and didn't throw a tantrum or throw anything either. It was just hard for her to sit still that long. It was the wrong place to take a toddler and it was too late as well. If hubs and I had known ahead of time how slow dinner was at that place we would have suggested someplace else.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Restaurants can make the rules.

I am pretty laid back, I rarely make a fuss about anything, unless I am really sleep deprived or the injustice was of massive severity. In this instance, I would apologize that I had misunderstood their rules, taken my banshees and went on our way.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I totally want to go out to dinner there.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Keep on destroying the sense of community. The despair isn't high enough.

At one time, American restaurants were White Only. I think the women agreeing with a child ban would support that too.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm Keep on destroying the sense of community. The despair isn't high enough.

At one time, American restaurants were White Only. I think the women agreeing with a child ban would support that too.
If parents would make sure that their children behave then they can eat in any restaurant and there wouldn’t have to be an adults only restaurant.
But that’s not how it’s working nowadays, unfortunately.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm Keep on destroying the sense of community. The despair isn't high enough.

If parents would make sure that their children behave then they can eat in any restaurant and there wouldn’t have to be an adults only restaurant.
But that’s not how it’s working nowadays, unfortunately.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wish we had an adults only restaurant near me. DH and I would go there on date nights.
Locked Previous topicNext topic