Paranoid thoughts

Anonymous 3

Unread post

If she were my kid, I would do as you mentioned...have that psych eval done.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:31 pm You should have her evaluated and get two different opinions
The counselor she sees regularly is leaning towards bipolar. She recommended she see a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist is the one we saw today. She is concerned about these thoughts and wants her to be evaluated by one of their psychologist. So hopefully between the three of them it can be figured out and she can get the best treatment she needs.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 pm Also when you say she has OCD do you mean actually diagnosed with it by a trained medical professional or just using it stereotypically? If she is diagnosed with OCD that could be what is going on.
She has an actual diagnosis. She was evaluated and diagnosed. I have always thought these paranoid thoughts were related unless she was misdiagnosed or has something more than OCD going on.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm If she were my kid, I would do as you mentioned...have that psych eval done.
The psychiatrist put in for it and I should get a call soon on an appointment
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:36 pm
Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 pm Sounds like schizophrenia.
Wouldn’t that involve audio and visual hallucinations?
I’m not saying that’s what she has but it does sound like it. People with schizophrenia are often diagnosed OCD as well. Maybe it’s early onset and she hasn’t had any audio or visual hallucinations yet. I would get her evaluated ASAP and like another poster said get a second opinion! Good luck op.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

so sorry ..
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It may be part of her ocd but I would have her re-evaluated. I have OCD too and sometimes there are certain things that can trigger me into an almost escalated state of anxiety that I’d call paranoia.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:36 pm
Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 pm Sounds like schizophrenia.
Wouldn’t that involve audio and visual hallucinations?
I’m not saying that’s what she has but it does sound like it. People with schizophrenia are often diagnosed OCD as well. Maybe it’s early onset and she hasn’t had any audio or visual hallucinations yet. I would get her evaluated ASAP and like another poster said get a second opinion! Good luck op.
Thank you. I didn’t know that they are often diagnosed with OCD. The psychiatrist put in for a psychologist to do an eval so the office should contact me about it this week. Should I get a second opinion with another psychiatrist or psychologist? Or would it be considered a second opinion if both the psychiatrist and psychologist have the same opinion. I’m not sure what direction to go in getting second opinions.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:00 pm It may be part of her ocd but I would have her re-evaluated. I have OCD too and sometimes there are certain things that can trigger me into an almost escalated state of anxiety that I’d call paranoia.
Do you have big mood swings with your OCD? She was all over the place. They put her on a mood stabilizer and is so much better with her moods. It’s just the paranoid thoughts that her medications haven’t helped. I’m a little nervous about her being treated for it because the psychiatrist said there are side effects with the medications that would treat it.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Any obsessive or compulsive behavior in the family. Any psychosis in the family. I'm guessing the doctor is asking about schizophrenia or any other psychosis in the family.
Locked Previous topicNext topic