Paranoid thoughts

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 pm Also when you say she has OCD do you mean actually diagnosed with it by a trained medical professional or just using it stereotypically? If she is diagnosed with OCD that could be what is going on.
She has an actual diagnosis. She was evaluated and diagnosed. I have always thought these paranoid thoughts were related unless she was misdiagnosed or has something more than OCD going on.
I would see what the psychiatrist has to say and I would still get another opinion on top of that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:36 pm
Nvl0707 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:25 pm Sounds like schizophrenia.
Wouldn’t that involve audio and visual hallucinations?
I’m not saying that’s what she has but it does sound like it. People with schizophrenia are often diagnosed OCD as well. Maybe it’s early onset and she hasn’t had any audio or visual hallucinations yet. I would get her evaluated ASAP and like another poster said get a second opinion! Good luck op.
This is also a good point however she might never have hallucinations even if she is schizophrenic. That is only part of schizophrenia and many are schizophrenic and never have hallucinations ever
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Good! I'm sure you'll feel better once that has been done. I wish you and your daughter the best!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:51 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 pm If she were my kid, I would do as you mentioned...have that psych eval done.
The psychiatrist put in for it and I should get a call soon on an appointment
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

From what you have said she sounds similar to my brother. He was first diagnosed with OCD then later Bipolar and then with schizoid effective disorder. He did develop auditory hallucinations but not until his 30’s.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sounds like bipolar to me. Good luck OP.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 pm

I’m not saying that’s what she has but it does sound like it. People with schizophrenia are often diagnosed OCD as well. Maybe it’s early onset and she hasn’t had any audio or visual hallucinations yet. I would get her evaluated ASAP and like another poster said get a second opinion! Good luck op.
Thank you. I didn’t know that they are often diagnosed with OCD. The psychiatrist put in for a psychologist to do an eval so the office should contact me about it this week. Should I get a second opinion with another psychiatrist or psychologist? Or would it be considered a second opinion if both the psychiatrist and psychologist have the same opinion. I’m not sure what direction to go in getting second opinions.

I would see what the psychiatrist has to say and then get another opinion after. I hope everything works out for you.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:18 pm

This is also a good point however she might never have hallucinations even if she is schizophrenic. That is only part of schizophrenia and many are schizophrenic and never have hallucinations ever
Yes you are correct! Some never do get Hallucinations. My cousin started off as op described and then after a few years developed audio then finally visual Hallucinations.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m sorry.,.good luck to your family.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Schizophrenia or even bi-polar.

My oldest had bipolar with psychosis/hallucinations.
Locked Previous topicNext topic