I'm so dead...

Deleted User 1195

Unread post

I was suppose to make cornbeef & cabbage for dh, one of his favorite meals. I put it together this am but somehow forgot to put the cabbage in it and it's almost done. I have potatoes, carrots, cornbeef and no cabbage.

He's going to be upset and yes, I get it there is no excuse for this. Worse I'm worried he's going to think I did it on purpose. He's been very unhappy with me lately. In the evenings when he's drinking he'll go on about how I don't love him and how awful and terrible I am too him. Nothing I say fixes it.

I just can't believe I did something so stupid. I don't know what to do.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Umm leave the abuse
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just boil some cabbage wedges they only take 10-15mins at a boil and then add to the others he will never know the difference.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Put the cabbage on the stove to cook in a separate pot then add to the corned beef etc. when done. You need to stop being so enabling of your husband's alcoholism. You are not doing him or yourself any good. You need to look up local al-anon meetings and go. Stop enabling him.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seriously. Divorce him! Enough of this poor me shit. Leave or stay your choice, but stop complaining when he behaves like this! Enough!

Coffee&toast wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm I was suppose to make cornbeef & cabbage for dh, one of his favorite meals. I put it together this am but somehow forgot to put the cabbage in it and it's almost done. I have potatoes, carrots, cornbeef and no cabbage.

He's going to be upset and yes, I get it there is no excuse for this. Worse I'm worried he's going to think I did it on purpose. He's been very unhappy with me lately. In the evenings when he's drinking he'll go on about how I don't love him and how awful and terrible I am too him. Nothing I say fixes it.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I first want to say that I am so sorry that your DH is so abusive that you are even having to worry about something like this. Just follow the directions that some users have mentioned to add in that cabbage.

But back to how your DH is treating you... How long have you been married to him? And is he often like this? You mentioned that he's been unhappy with you lately. What is it about you that he claims he is unhappy about?

Keep this in mind: If he's unhappy, HE'S responsible for getting himself happy. Your only obligation to him is to treat him well.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You need to leave. Is this really the environment you want your daughter growing up in where you have to walk on egg shells and you get abused?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Take some of the corned beef juice and put that and the cabbage in a large pot on the stove along with some salt, pepper and pickling spice. Let that boil for 20-30 minutes and it will be done
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I noticed that she's only posted 13x. Has she complained under another SN?
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 pm Seriously. Divorce him! Enough of this poor me shit. Leave or stay your choice, but stop complaining when he behaves like this! Enough!

Coffee&toast wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:39 pm I was suppose to make cornbeef & cabbage for dh, one of his favorite meals. I put it together this am but somehow forgot to put the cabbage in it and it's almost done. I have potatoes, carrots, cornbeef and no cabbage.

CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't understand you women.
Locked Previous topicNext topic