Weird feeling in my chest/throat

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Panic attacks feel like that. You're just nervous about the upcoming surgery, probably. You also might be getting some reflux too.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If I had to lay money on what is causing you to feel as you do at this moment, I would say that it's the fear of your impending surgery!

I swear! I literally just went through the same exact thing myself! I was petrified that I might not come out of surgery OK. I had minor surgery on Tuesday and as soon as it was behind me, those symptoms you described mysteriously disappeared for me.

Try to occupy your mind. Get your mind off this surgery. You're going to be OK. BREATHE. If it would bring you comfort, give your doctor a call and describe your symptoms to him/her. When is your surgery scheduled for?

Sending comforting vibes your way...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:50 pm I don't know if it's anxiety or what.

I woke up from a dream that my boss told me if I did not come in during the time I am scheduled to have surgery he would fire me. Which is crazy. My boss would never do that or be so unreasonable. But in my dream he kept saying surgery was not an excuse to miss work and he was being an asshole. Even my other 2 managers were there and had this incredulous look on their faces over how he was acting.

Ever since then I've just had this impending sense of doom, wanting to cry, and having a weird feeling in my chest and throat. I don't know how to describe it. It's not a tight feeling. It feels like my heart is racing but it's not.

I am scared about my surgery. It's to get my gallbladder out. But it's the only surgery I will have besides getting my wisdom teeth out where I will be put under. During my wisdom teeth surgery I kept waking up. So I am scared since hospital anesthesia is different I won't wake up from it.

Idk what to do.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You aren't going to wake up in the middle of the gall bladder surgery if that's what you are afraid of. If you do then you will have one hell of a lawsuit against the anesthesiologist if you do wake up.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Yeah. That sounds like anxiety, which is normal for your situation.
Locked Previous topicNext topic