Tell me everything

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dh and I are aiming to move halfway across the country next summer. I have lived in the same small town my entire life so I've never moved more than 10 minutes away. And I've always had my parents and brother around to help as well.
Tell me everything I need to know about a cross country move please. Dh has never moved this far either.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Being a military family, we have moved quite a bit, the last two times with young children. What type of questions do you have? Is this a company move or are you two just packing up and going?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What do you really need to know? We have moved a few times (including from Canada to US and back to Canada) for DH's work. Each time he would move first and we would follow. Also luckily his work paid all moving costs and had movers come in and do everything.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I moved across country, it was much cheaper to sell everything and replace it when I got here. That’s about all I’ve got.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:16 am Being a military family, we have moved quite a bit, the last two times with young children. What type of questions do you have? Is this a company move or are you two just packing up and going?
Just us packing up our kids and going. Thankfully dh is in high demand in his field so getting a job won't be a problem. But we will make sure he has one secured before he moves.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 am When I moved across country, it was much cheaper to sell everything and replace it when I got here. That’s about all I’ve got.
Really? Ouch
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am What do you really need to know? We have moved a few times (including from Canada to US and back to Canada) for DH's work. Each time he would move first and we would follow. Also luckily his work paid all moving costs and had movers come in and do everything.
The most cost effective way to do this.
How to juggle selling our house with finding a new place to live.
How hard is it to find a rental that will accept our large amount of animals? We have 3 lizards, 2 Guinea pigs, 2 dogs, a chinchilla, and 3 cats that will be making the move with us. The sheep, chickens, ducks, and pigs will be rehomed. The only place we have rented didn't care what animals we had but it was falling down and owned by my family.
How do you know when somewhere is the right place to move to?
How hard is it to adjust to a new place?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:16 am Being a military family, we have moved quite a bit, the last two times with young children. What type of questions do you have? Is this a company move or are you two just packing up and going?
Just us packing up our kids and going. Thankfully dh is in high demand in his field so getting a job won't be a problem. But we will make sure he has one secured before he moves.
I would suggest that he goes first, finds a job and then you and the kids follow. Are you looking at buying a home? That is a complication.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am
I would suggest that he goes first, finds a job and then you and the kids follow. Are you looking at buying a home? That is a complication.
We were considering renting month to month until we decide 100% we want to stay in the area then buying. Especially since I would want to see anywhere we bought before purchasing. I just have to find somewhere to rent that's ok with our animals. But we will have to sell this one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic