Tell me everything

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 pm Not sure if you already said this or not...but what is making you want to move?
We are a conservative family living in liberal California. The cost of living is outrageous, crime rates are increasing, homelessness is out of control, charter schools (we use a charter homeschool program) are under attack, electricity may be turned off up to 5 days at a time, water limits are coming... we feel like we can't breathe without it being regulated or taxed.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:15 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 pm Not sure if you already said this or not...but what is making you want to move?
We are a conservative family living in liberal California. The cost of living is outrageous, crime rates are increasing, homelessness is out of control, charter schools (we use a charter homeschool program) are under attack, electricity may be turned off up to 5 days at a time, water limits are coming... we feel like we can't breathe without it being regulated or taxed.
Do either of you have a job where you are looking at moving? That would be number one priority for me would be to ensure either DH or myself had suitable, sustainable, job and income prior to moving. Where are you thinking about moving to?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm
Do either of you have a job where you are looking at moving? That would be number one priority for me would be to ensure either DH or myself had suitable, sustainable, job and income prior to moving. Where are you thinking about moving to?
That is definitely our first priority. We are trying to decide where to move still.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am

We were considering renting month to month until we decide 100% we want to stay in the area then buying. Especially since I would want to see anywhere we bought before purchasing. I just have to find somewhere to rent that's ok with our animals. But we will have to sell this one.
How many pets? What ages are your kids?
3 lizards, 2 dogs, 2 Guinea pigs, a chinchilla (possibly shes getting old), and I'm not sure how many of our 3 cats yet. Our sheep, pigs, chickens, and ducks would be rehomed.
That's going to take some good pre-planning.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Start ditching crap now.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Yeah, get out of this craphole while you still can. I'm hoping to sometime in the (hopefully) near future.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:19 pm Start ditching crap now.
We already live minimalist because we have a small house.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:08 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm

3 lizards, 2 dogs, 2 Guinea pigs, a chinchilla (possibly shes getting old), and I'm not sure how many of our 3 cats yet. Our sheep, pigs, chickens, and ducks would be rehomed.
No decent landlord will allow you to have that many animals, you may have to rehome those also. If you lie about the animals then be prepared to be evicted and look for another place.
Asking my dd to rehome her lizards and Guinea pigs would be like asking her to leave a child behind. The cats can be rehomed they're barn cats anyways. And possibly 1 dog.
That may be true for you and your family but a landlord may not see it that way, Landlords used to be okay with fish, reptiles in a tank and small rat family like animals but now days they are lumped together with cats and dogs. You may get lucky and find a understanding landlord and you may not, just be prepared
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I would secure a job and housing before moving. Are either of you at all worried that neither of you have ever lived far from your home town & at a distance from family?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:32 pm I would secure a job and housing before moving. Are either of you at all worried that neither of you have ever lived far from your home town & at a distance from family?
We aren't going anywhere without a job and housing lines up we aren't crazy.
Part of me is nervous about leaving my family who has 100% always been there for me. If they're busy, middle of the night, you name it they're there. But another part of me feels its time to live a life where I'm not just considered my parents daughter (small town and they owned a business). You know a life where I'm seen as me and not an extension of them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic