Tell me everything

mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Good luck! We are moving out of the country so I definitely get it! I have a checklist that I've been checking off as we get closer and closer to the day we leave.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'm glad that you won't be moving until you have housing and job lined up. You probably mentioned that; but I missed it. :)

I guess until you do it, you'll never know! You might find you love it, too! Good luck to you and your family!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:34 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:32 pm I would secure a job and housing before moving. Are either of you at all worried that neither of you have ever lived far from your home town & at a distance from family?
We aren't going anywhere without a job and housing lines up we aren't crazy.
Part of me is nervous about leaving my family who has 100% always been there for me. If they're busy, middle of the night, you name it they're there. But another part of me feels its time to live a life where I'm not just considered my parents daughter (small town and they owned a business). You know a life where I'm seen as me and not an extension of them.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If I didn't have so many ties here, I would do the same! I'd head directly to the Emerald Isle and live out the rest of my days eating scones by day & raising a pint (or 2) by night!
Image :)

Wherever you are going, I hope you love it there!

mommeruchy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 pm Good luck! We are moving out of the country so I definitely get it! I have a checklist that I've been checking off as we get closer and closer to the day we leave.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

We moved from east coast to west coast two years ago. Jobs were locked on for both of us, pre-move, as well as a place to rent, we chose to use PODS to move our stuff, made it an opportunity to downsize our years of collected “stuff”, and planned the cross country trip as a move/vacation for the family.
Take a trip to visit where you want to go and check it out before you blindly commit. It was east coast to west coast or east coast to further up east coast. We visited both areas and made our choice after. Selling/buying houses is stressful. Moving is stressful. But it’s also a new adventure.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well the last time we did it we ended up with a moving truck with a flat tire in the middle of nowhere Wyoming lol. The time before that (DH is former military) he ended up with a moving truck that broke down 120 miles outside of where we had lived, 300 miles outside of where we had lived, and 500 miles outside of where we had lived. Then the company replaced the truck. Then they tried to charge us for the extra two days their truck added to the move. The kids and I had driven ahead.
My only tip is to not rent from Penske or Uhaul.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Sell your house first. Do not even try to carry 2 mortgages or a mortgage and a rental or even try to sell the place without you being in the same state. Send him ahead first to get settled. And then come out. Dang that is a lot of critters to drive across country.
Kermie
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Join your future city’s Nextdoor app. And Facebook page I learned a lot about real estate, local politics, schools, restaurants etc
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You'll be limited geographically somewhat by your husband's work background. That might help narrow it down a bit for you. But if you have never lived away from home, you might not want to go all the way across the country. Maybe just a state or two over, like Nevada or maybe Texas. Someplace where driving back home to see family won't take days. Each state has its pros and cons.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I moved from California to Wisconsin. It wasn't bad actually. My husband (Then boyfriend) helped me get everything moved. It will be fine.

Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am

Just us packing up our kids and going. Thankfully dh is in high demand in his field so getting a job won't be a problem. But we will make sure he has one secured before he moves.
I would suggest that he goes first, finds a job and then you and the kids follow. Are you looking at buying a home? That is a complication.
We were considering renting month to month until we decide 100% we want to stay in the area then buying. Especially since I would want to see anywhere we bought before purchasing. I just have to find somewhere to rent that's ok with our animals. But we will have to sell this one.
Depending on where you end up, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a landlord who isn't related to you who will be willing to allow all those animals. You might want to look into finding someone to at least foster them for you until you are able to find a place to land.
Locked Previous topicNext topic