Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:56 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am

Just us packing up our kids and going. Thankfully dh is in high demand in his field so getting a job won't be a problem. But we will make sure he has one secured before he moves.
I would suggest that he goes first, finds a job and then you and the kids follow. Are you looking at buying a home? That is a complication.
We were considering renting month to month until we decide 100% we want to stay in the area then buying. Especially since I would want to see anywhere we bought before purchasing. I just have to find somewhere to rent that's ok with our animals. But we will have to sell this one.
How many pets? What ages are your kids?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:43 am

I would suggest that he goes first, finds a job and then you and the kids follow. Are you looking at buying a home? That is a complication.
We were considering renting month to month until we decide 100% we want to stay in the area then buying. Especially since I would want to see anywhere we bought before purchasing. I just have to find somewhere to rent that's ok with our animals. But we will have to sell this one.
3 lizards, 2 dogs, 2 Guinea pigs, a chinchilla (possibly shes getting old), and I'm not sure how many of our 3 cats yet. Our sheep, pigs, chickens, and ducks would be rehomed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm

3 lizards, 2 dogs, 2 Guinea pigs, a chinchilla (possibly shes getting old), and I'm not sure how many of our 3 cats yet. Our sheep, pigs, chickens, and ducks would be rehomed.
No decent landlord will allow you to have that many animals, you may have to rehome those also. If you lie about the animals then be prepared to be evicted and look for another place.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

you are both way overdue for a change.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am What do you really need to know? We have moved a few times (including from Canada to US and back to Canada) for DH's work. Each time he would move first and we would follow. Also luckily his work paid all moving costs and had movers come in and do everything.
The most cost effective way to do this.
How to juggle selling our house with finding a new place to live.
How hard is it to find a rental that will accept our large amount of animals? We have 3 lizards, 2 Guinea pigs, 2 dogs, a chinchilla, and 3 cats that will be making the move with us. The sheep, chickens, ducks, and pigs will be rehomed. The only place we have rented didn't care what animals we had but it was falling down and owned by my family.
How do you know when somewhere is the right place to move to?
How hard is it to adjust to a new place?
We had the move paid for so we incurred no costs.

DH moved first and actually stayed with a co-worker, while I stayed back allowed our children to finish the year, and sold our house, I went down on March Break or such and we looked then. We only had a dog so we did not have to worry about animals really.

As for the right place, we went where DH's work dictated, he really did not have much of a choice in most matters (except the last move). We did not have any issue really with adjusting to a new place, as co-workers made the transition easy, our children are outgoing and get involved in sports so they also had a easy time making new friends, plus they were young. Worst however was going from a warm location in Florida to a freezing location in Canada, really missed using the pool year round. Winter in Florida is a far cry from winters in Manitoba.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Not sure if you already said this or not...but what is making you want to move?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:14 am When I moved across country, it was much cheaper to sell everything and replace it when I got here. That’s about all I’ve got.
Really? Ouch

U hauls were really expensive at that time. They may be cheaper now that there’s competition. Penske is cheaper than U haul.
I sold all of my furniture and packed everything I could in my car. I also shipped a few boxes that wouldn’t fit in the car to my mom’s house.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Make sure you have someplace to come back to if it doesn't work out.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly just knowing you've lived in the same town your whole life and having your mom and brother around all the time, you're better off staying where you are. You probably can't handle living away from family so moving halfway across the country would be extremely difficult for you and more costly when you decide you "HAVE" to move back because you're too lonely in the new place.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm

No decent landlord will allow you to have that many animals, you may have to rehome those also. If you lie about the animals then be prepared to be evicted and look for another place.
Asking my dd to rehome her lizards and Guinea pigs would be like asking her to leave a child behind. The cats can be rehomed they're barn cats anyways. And possibly 1 dog.
Locked Previous topicNext topic