Sunscreen..what do you use?

Deleted User 969

Unread post

We almost never use sunscreen. We have darker skin and don’t burn. If we’re on an island, I’ll suck it up and use some All Good.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:54 am Copper tone SPF 50
the cancer causing kind.....good luck
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:56 am
I’ve been using it for 15 years, no cancer. Lol. What DOESN’T cause cancer? Step outside and breath, you’re at risk. Lol I choose not to live in a bubble, and to not have sunburn. Copper tone works the best. LOVE those chemicals!!!!!!!!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You fear sunscreen causes cancer? I bet you don’t fear putting a cell phone to your head.

A small number of research studies have shown that oxybenzone can cause minor changes to cells in a petri dish – but there is currently no evidence linking it to cancer. The research on oxybenzone is limited, but no animal or human studies suggest that it might cause cancer. -The Canadian Cancer society.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 am
I’ve been using it for 15 years, no cancer. Lol. What DOESN’T cause cancer? Step outside and breath, you’re at risk. Lol I choose not to live in a bubble, and to not have sunburn. Copper tone works the best. LOVE those chemicals!!!!!!!!
15yrs isn't much time....why don't you actually LOOK UP how toxic Coppertone actually is -- there are much safer brands out there without those kinds of chemicals
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:25 am
You fear sunscreen causes cancer? I bet you don’t fear putting a cell phone to your head.

A small number of research studies have shown that oxybenzone can cause minor changes to cells in a petri dish – but there is currently no evidence linking it to cancer. The research on oxybenzone is limited, but no animal or human studies suggest that it might cause cancer. -The Canadian Cancer society.
Canadian research, and American research can yield two different results.

And no, I don't put a cellphone to my head -- nice ASSumption, though
Anonymous 5

Unread post

do you not actually understand the difference between slathering your body with chemicals that stay on it, and comparing it to a cell phone? Do you smear your cell phone all over your body before going outside? SMH....
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:38 am

do you not actually understand the difference between slathering your body with chemicals that stay on it, and comparing it to a cell phone? Do you smear your cell phone all over your body before going outside? SMH....
Do you not understand that there are no cited cases of people getting cancer because of use of sunscreen? 😂😂 You’re more likely to develop a brain tumor from cell phone use than you are to develop cancer from applying sunscreen but go ahead, follow one irrational fear but not the other.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:35 am

Canadian research, and American research can yield two different results.

And no, I don't put a cellphone to my head -- nice ASSumption, though
The American Cancer Society recommends the use of sunscreen as one way to protect your skin from ultraviolet (UV) rays. UV rays from the sun – and from tanning beds and lamps – damage the skin and can cause skin cancer. But some health groups, consumer groups, and environmental groups ( NOT THE FDA OR AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY) have raised concerns over ingredients found in some sunscreens and their potential effects on people and nature. There are currently no viable sources linking cancer to sunscreen use.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:33 am
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 am

15yrs isn't much time....why don't you actually LOOK UP how toxic Coppertone actually is -- there are much safer brands out there without those kinds of chemicals
Why assume I’ve never tried other brands? I’ve used several other brands and burnt to a crisp. Banana boat SUCKS. Natural sunscreens cause me the most burn. I’ll take the chemicals which leave my skin tan, not crispy. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Locked Previous topicNext topic