Sunscreen..what do you use?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Whatever I can find that's SPF 50 or higher. It's not as easy as it sounds for a city that boasts over 300 days of sunshine each year since we're so far north.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I use YOung Living Essential Oil brand. Its organic and seed to seal. Then I layer up with an SPF 50 long sleeve shirt OR long sleeve SPF swim suit.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I use Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum and only it on my face, and on my body it's whatever I happen to buy as long as it's at least SPF 50. Right now it's Hawaiian Tropic, I'm blanking on which. I'm less picky about which brand I use on my body, but the Supergoop serum is the only thing I'd put on my face and you can pry it out of my cold dead hands.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:38 am
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 am There's a few I've used. Hawaiian Tropic spf 30 shimmer lotion. Sun Bum spf 50 zinc oxide cream, and lastly my newest fave Coppertone Glow spf 50 with shimmer. I use sunscreen when going out to swim in the backyard, and when working. My job has me outside. So I need the extra protection.
I just saw the new coppertone glow. I love it. Do you like it better than the shimmer lotion?
I like them both. Sadly I had misplaced my other stuff, so bought this as a replacement. Also Hawaiian Tropic quit making their version.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We generally don't. The boys will wear swim shirts when we are out in the pool during the day.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Whatever I find on sale at the beginning of the summer.
I doubt my son ever puts it on. My daughter will if she’s outside awhile
I’m not outside enough. I’ve never used it
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whatever is reef safe and on sale. We also use sunshirts.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:36 am We almost never use sunscreen. We have darker skin and don’t burn. If we’re on an island, I’ll suck it up and use some All Good.
You don't need to burn to get skin cancer. A good family friend just died from melanoma because she didn't use it and didn't see the spots until it was too late because of her darker skin.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

I’m not worried. There’s no predisposition in my family. The sun is natural; if it kills me, it kills me.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm
Anonadon wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:36 am We almost never use sunscreen. We have darker skin and don’t burn. If we’re on an island, I’ll suck it up and use some All Good.
You don't need to burn to get skin cancer. A good family friend just died from melanoma because she didn't use it and didn't see the spots until it was too late because of her darker skin.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 pm I’m not worried. There’s no predisposition in my family. The sun is natural; if it kills me, it kills me.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm
There wasn't one in her family either. You don't need to be predisposed to get skin cancer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic