Duck eggs?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My son and I went to the farmers market today. He INSISTED we buy some duck eggs.
Why I have no idea, but he was hell bent on getting some duck eggs. So I bought them.

I have never eaten a duck egg in my life.

Do they taste like chicken eggs?

If I use them for baking does it make a difference?

Seriously, I keep eyeing this doz duck eggs and I am not sure about it.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Duck eggs taste like chicken eggs.. maybe a litter richer depending on the ducks diet. I guess they would be good for baking.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't even notice the difference when I bake with them.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They are a tad richer and don't really change much in baking. We LOVE duck eggs
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How old is your son? Are you sure he wasn't hoping to HATCH them?! :)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 pm How old is your son? Are you sure he was hoping to HATCH them?! :)
He's 12. I told him they were just like the eggs we buy at the the store, not baby duck popping out of the eggs! LOL
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder what got him interested in duck eggs!??? :) Has he tried eating one yet?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:30 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 pm How old is your son? Are you sure he was hoping to HATCH them?! :)
He's 12. I told him they were just like the eggs we buy at the the store, not baby duck popping out of the eggs! LOL
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 pm I wonder what got him interested in duck eggs!??? :) Has he tried eating one yet?
Who knows, this kid is weird sometimes. I told him we were going for vegetables, he saw a stand with eggs (chicken and duck) and he BEGGED me to buy duck eggs. It seemed harmless and made him happy so I got a doz. We are going to have some tomorrow for breakfast.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 pm How old is your son? Are you sure he wasn't hoping to HATCH them?! :)
lol!!!
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's cute! If not for kids, we might not ever venture out to try the duck eggs! Enjoy! Let us know how he likes them!
:)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:32 pm I wonder what got him interested in duck eggs!??? :) Has he tried eating one yet?

Who knows, this kid is weird sometimes. I told him we were going for vegetables, he saw a stand with eggs (chicken and duck) and he BEGGED me to buy duck eggs. It seemed harmless and made him happy so I got a doz. We are going to have some tomorrow for breakfast.
Locked Previous topicNext topic