My kids are not Christians. Am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mom thinks I'm a bad mother since my kids do not go to church. Keep in mind that she only took me to church a couple of times while I was growing up. She somehow thinks she has the right to judge me about it. I try to stay out of an argument with her so I try to ignore her when she brings this subject up. She also keeps bringing up the topic of the end of the world around my kids. She keeps saying everything has went to hell and that it will probably be any day for Jesus's return.. This scares my kids so much and when I confront her she tells me that I just don't like hearing the truth and how the world is. Also keep in mind that my mom is not the biggest Christian. She judges people all the time and tend to think the majority of people are ugly. Weird..I know. I remember growing up, she used to make fun of me for the crushes that I had. She would always question me why I liked them and that they were ugly.
Yesterday she jumped all over me because my son is naturally fair skinned but she accused me of barely letting him outside to play. While it's TRUE my son hates being outside and would rather stay in and read a book, I'm getting pretty ticked off that she keeps criticizing my parenting. So am I going to hell for not raising my kids Christian?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If that's true girl ill save you a seat bring a few blunts for the ride down. Just bring us some road snacks and we are all good. 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously
Are your kids respectful? Loved? Taken care of? Raised with good morals? Etc? If so then i think you're doing a fine job. I don't even believe in all that religious bs.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Only shitty parents force religion on their kids
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So what if they aren't Christians? Many today give Christianity a bad name anyways.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am If that's true girl ill save you a seat bring a few blunts for the ride down. Just bring us some road snacks and we are all good. 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously
Are your kids respectful? Loved? Taken care of? Raised with good morals? Etc? If so then i think you're doing a fine job. I don't even believe in all that religious bs.
My kids are very respectful, have good manners, good morals, etc. They are very good kids. I really caught hell for not letting them attend vacation bible school. According to my mom, I'm not a good person because I buy new age books and believe in "false" information. She cannot stand it! She's really getting on my last nerve though. I'm having to hold my tongue every time I'm around her.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:08 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am If that's true girl ill save you a seat bring a few blunts for the ride down. Just bring us some road snacks and we are all good. 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously
My kids are very respectful, have good manners, good morals, etc. They are very good kids. I really caught hell for not letting them attend vacation bible school. According to my mom, I'm not a good person because I buy new age books and believe in "false" information. She cannot stand it! She's really getting on my last nerve though. I'm having to hold my tongue every time I'm around her.

It's time for you and your children to take a long break from your mother.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm lds. I let myself kids choose. I have an atheist daughter who goes to youth activities at church because her cousins go and she's made a lot of friends.
i want candy!
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Might be time to put mom on a time out for a while since she's so disrespectful of your parenting.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Uhhh... no. You are not a bad parent for not raising your children in Church. We are Chrisitians, but I would never say someone as a bad parent for not attending a Church. Bad parenting is being abusive and neglectful and that does not fall into either category.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just tell her to zip it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic