My kids are not Christians. Am I doing something wrong?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Did you even read the OP? It"s happened multiple times. She's scaring her grandchildren telling them the end of the world is near.

Anyone with a brain knows you don't discuss religion with someone else's children without permission. Anyone with manners doesn't make the comments the grandmother has made to OP.
Anyone with a brain would use this as a teaching moment for the kids instead of trying to force an adult to behave the way you demand. Lol

You may be okay with people disrespecting you as a parent and scaring your children. I'm not. I don't think many people are.

You all are so worried about making sure you're not disrespected that you all.think anyone stating an opinion different from you is disrespecting you..

Thank God I've raised my kids already & dont really have to deal with you crazy mothers of today.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good grief...
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:10 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:50 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:15 am
So differing opinions are out of line to some of you. That's so hilarious.
It's not about opinions. It's about boundaries and respect. OP is the parent. It's not her mother's place to attempt religious indoctrination for OP's children or for OP herself.
Seriously??? Some of you take shit way too seriously when it comes to your kids. Shes not indoctrinating Op's children, shes just expressing an opinion you dont like therefore according to you,, shes not allowed to say it . You stamped your feet & said so.lmao
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Contrary to popular belief, no. Not all opinions are valid.
But I would simply tell my children that grandma has no clue what she’s talking about and that they shouldn’t take her “opinion” seriously because it’s wrong and dumb.
Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 am So basically shes not supposed to say an opinion that differs from yours because you cant handle it.
It sounds like her mom’s “opinions “ are inappropriate and she’s trying to control how she raises her children.
It’s not because “she can’t handle it”. It’s because her mom is out of line.
I am so grateful that my mom was not that way.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Exactly. If my mom started telling my kids that keeping kosher or observing Shabbat is dumb and that they shouldn’t be doing it, I’d be pissed. It’s not her place the spiritual upbringing I give my children.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 am So basically shes not supposed to say an opinion that differs from yours because you cant handle it.
It sounds like her mom’s “opinions “ are inappropriate and she’s trying to control how she raises her children.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

This. And not only this but Grandma has already been afforded the opportunity to share her opinions and belief with this child.

If I were the parent, I would tell my child, "Grandma believes this....I believe that...." I might add, "Many people believe different things and that's OK. We're all different."

And then, I'd tell Grandma, "Though I do not believe what you believe, you've had your moment of sharing your belief with my child. Please leave it at that. We are raising little Sara & Johnny under X faith & I expect you to respect that." If she continued to push in the future, I might have to take a more assertive stance with her.

As you alluded to, it's all about respect and boundaries.

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:50 am

It's not about opinions. It's about boundaries and respect. OP is the parent. It's not her mother's place to attempt religious indoctrination for OP's children or for OP herself.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:25 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:47 pm
Anyone with a brain would use this as a teaching moment for the kids instead of trying to force an adult to behave the way you demand. Lol

You may be okay with people disrespecting you as a parent and scaring your children. I'm not. I don't think many people are.

You all are so worried about making sure you're not disrespected that you all.think anyone stating an opinion different from you is disrespecting you..

Thank God I've raised my kids already & dont really have to deal with you crazy mothers of today.

Your refusal to accept basic, respectful boundaries that are present in healthy relationships is very telling.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Your refusal to accept basic, respectful boundaries that are present in healthy relationships is very telling.
Your refusal to see that not everyone is disrespectful just because they speak a different opinion from you, is even more telling.

Difference is I already raised my kids & have a great relationship with my adult kids.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 am

Your refusal to see that not everyone is disrespectful just because they speak a different opinion from you, is even more telling.

Difference is I already raised my kids & have a great relationship with my adult kids.

Do you believe you have the right to interfere with how others raise their children?

Do you believe you have the right to discuss religion with someone else's children without their permission?

Do you believe it's okay to keep discussing something with children even after their parents have confronted you about it?
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I couldn’t imagine my parent or in law telling me we should go to church. My dad was raised Catholic, and chose not to raise us that way at all. My children don’t practice any religion at all. That’s how we like it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Anonymous 6

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:50 am

Do you believe you have the right to interfere with how others raise their children?

Do you believe you have the right to discuss religion with someone else's children without their permission?

Do you believe it's okay to keep discussing something with children even after their parents have confronted you about it?
I believe you have nothing going on in life that keeps your mind busy enough that you actually think anyone saying their opinion around you ,that you disapprove of is being disrespectful to you.

I also believe that you actually believe that you control other adults because you had a kid.
Locked Previous topicNext topic