Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:47 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Would you list yourself as guardian on the consent forms. What about payment? Just curious as to how that would work.
I would do that. If I had to pay, then I had to pay. i could never live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to get the kid seen.
I asked b4 & you ignored. So you would commit fraud?
I didn't see you ask anything. If my sister was that big of a nitwit that my niece is coughing up blood and she refuses to take the child for help? In a heart beat, a thousand times over, if that was actually considered fraud.

I'm not defrauding anyone in this scenario. If the child has insurance, she legitimately has insurance and she'd use that. If she doesn't have it, then I'm signing personally as the responsible party. I'm not signing my sister's name. I'm not bringing the child in there claiming she's on my plan. I'm not mis-identifying her or myself. If someone wants to take that as fraud, bless their little hearts.

If it's a choice between something potentially fatal getting addressed for someone I love vs. me walking a fine line, I'll gladly walk that line all day long.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:15 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:43 pm

I would do that. If I had to pay, then I had to pay. i could never live with myself if I didn't do everything in my power to get the kid seen.
I didn't see you ask anything. If my sister was that big of a nitwit that my niece is coughing up blood and she refuses to take the child for help? In a heart beat, a thousand times over, if that was actually considered fraud.

I'm not defrauding anyone in this scenario. If the child has insurance, she legitimately has insurance and she'd use that. If she doesn't have it, then I'm signing personally as the responsible party. I'm not signing my sister's name. I'm not bringing the child in there claiming she's on my plan. I'm not mis-identifying her or myself. If someone wants to take that as fraud, bless their little hearts.

If it's a choice between something potentially fatal getting addressed for someone I love vs. me walking a fine line, I'll gladly walk that line all day long.
It would be fraud because those forms specifically say a parent or legal guardian must sign. If you signed it then it would be fraud
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am

I seriously don't believe that a parent of a minor can't make an appt. for their child. That is just not true. An adult of course, a minor BS.
You dont have to believe it but your ignorance doesnt change the facts. It was an OBGYN office and only the patient could make the appointment even if they were a minor.

How long have you worked in healthcare?
Then they broke the law plain and simple!! They can not deny a parent making an appt. for their minor child, period.
You do understand that not every state has the same laws, don't you. Three states have no laws on whether or not a parent can make an appointment for their 15 year old daughter. I know this because I live in one of those three states. In addition 9/10 states require NO parental consent, and limit the ability of the parent to make certain appointments for a minor. Then, you need to add in the factor of federal funding, if a doctor receives federal funding in any of it's forms including VA, Tricare, Medicare etc, they must allow a 15 year old to make appointments and be treated for birth control without parental consent. Many doctors find a way around that by how they code/book the appointment. Granted the parents are still going to see EOB, or a bill.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What does her idiot mom mean "using her oils?" I'd tell her mom exactly what another poster suggested. Allow you to take her (get her insurance info), she can take her, or you will call CPS and let them take it from there. Also, you can tell CPS that grandpa is not a safe option and why. Coughing up blood needs IMMEDIATE attention.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:24 pm

It would be fraud because those forms specifically say a parent or legal guardian must sign. If you signed it then it would be fraud
Well then they can chase me all they want. I'm not letting something ridiculous like that be an excuse to leave someone I love sick and in need of treatment.

The only reason that matters is for billing purposes and we all know that. It's not like it's a patient care concern. They're worried they won't get their money is all. As long as they get paid, they'd have absolutely zero cause to even look into it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Well then they can chase me all they want. I'm not letting something ridiculous like that be an excuse to leave someone I love sick and in need of treatment.

The only reason that matters is for billing purposes and we all know that. It's not like it's a patient care concern. They're worried they won't get their money is all. As long as they get paid, they'd have absolutely zero cause to even look into it.
You do realize that the child's parents can sue the hospital & drs for treating their child without their permission, right?

Your way is just a bunch of law suits waiting to happen because you think you're above the law because its someone you love.😂😂😂
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:35 pm

You do realize that the child's parents can sue the hospital & drs for treating their child without their permission, right?

Your way is just a bunch of law suit waiting to happen because you think you're above the law because its someone you love.😂😂😂
It is 100% clear she isnt intelligent enough to understand stuff like that. She would leave people without their jobs because she is too stupid and lazy to do things the right way
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:25 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am
You dont have to believe it but your ignorance doesnt change the facts. It was an OBGYN office and only the patient could make the appointment even if they were a minor.

How long have you worked in healthcare?
Then they broke the law plain and simple!! They can not deny a parent making an appt. for their minor child, period.
You do understand that not every state has the same laws, don't you. Three states have no laws on whether or not a parent can make an appointment for their 15 year old daughter. I know this because I live in one of those three states. In addition 9/10 states require NO parental consent, and limit the ability of the parent to make certain appointments for a minor. Then, you need to add in the factor of federal funding, if a doctor receives federal funding in any of it's forms including VA, Tricare, Medicare etc, they must allow a 15 year old to make appointments and be treated for birth control without parental consent. Many doctors find a way around that by how they code/book the appointment. Granted the parents are still going to see EOB, or a bill.
I never once disputed a minor couldn't make a gyn appt.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:35 pm

You really are a piece of shit, dont ever think otherwise. People could lose their license over that. Treating a patient without consent is malpractice and negligence and saying "but I thought she was her mom" does not count.

Idiots like you are what is wrong with the world. Instead of going about things the right way you think you are more entitled and that the law doesnt apply to you.
Coming from someone that has her head so far up her bum, your name calling and verbal abuse is insulting, demeaning and breaking the personal attack rule of the site guidelines
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:12 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:11 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:26 pm

She is just an ignorant fool who can't prove her point 😂
Prove my point? Oh just shut the hell up.
Yes. I asked you to provide the law you said was broken. You are making shit up
Never saw it. However, it is the right of every parent in the US to be able to make appointments for their minor children. Feel free to look it up and try and prove me wrong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic