Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.

So you're saying my experience with my dd is wrong?
I am saying you're lying about not being able to make an appt. for your minor daughter.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am

Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.

I am saying you're lying about not being able to make an appt. for your minor daughter.
You would be wrong then, as you misread my first comment. I said I couldn't make a GYN APPT for my dd15 then you said WRONG UNLESS A GYN APPT.

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your friend😂😂😂😂
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:07 am

You would be wrong then, as you misread my first comment. I said I couldn't make a GYN APPT for my dd15 then you said WRONG UNLESS A GYN APPT.

No, I said that they can make a gyn appt. for themselves but that a parent can make a gyn appt. for a minor child as well. No doctor even a gyn would deny a parent being able to make an appt. You are the one that misunderstand.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:06 am

No, I said that they can make a gyn appt. for themselves but that a parent can make a gyn appt. for a minor child as well. No doctor even a gyn would deny a parent being able to make an appt. You are the one that misunderstand.
You are flat out wrong. At the doctor's office I used to work at only the patient could make an appointment. No parents, no spouses, no one else but the patient could make an appointment
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 am

You are flat out wrong. At the doctor's office I used to work at only the patient could make an appointment. No parents, no spouses, no one else but the patient could make an appointment
I seriously don't believe that a parent of a minor can't make an appt. for their child. That is just not true. An adult of course, a minor BS.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 am

I seriously don't believe that a parent of a minor can't make an appt. for their child. That is just not true. An adult of course, a minor BS.
You dont have to believe it but your ignorance doesnt change the facts. It was an OBGYN office and only the patient could make the appointment even if they were a minor.

How long have you worked in healthcare?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

So basically you're declaring what Dr's will do all over the world?

Like you really believe everything is done the way it is done where you live, every where?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I skipped over the arguing so if this has been asked, please forgive me for re-asking it: is her father involved? can he approve treatment/testing?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am
You dont have to believe it but your ignorance doesnt change the facts. It was an OBGYN office and only the patient could make the appointment even if they were a minor.

Then they broke the law plain and simple!! They can not deny a parent making an appt. for their minor child, period.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am

Then they broke the law plain and simple!! They can not deny a parent making an appt. for their minor child, period.
Please post the law.
Locked Previous topicNext topic