Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.

So you're saying my experience with my dd is wrong?
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:21 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:43 pm

2 kids 3 tiny bedrooms. Like they fit a bed and a dresser and that's about it.
Then one of the rooms could fit a bunkbed. Or a trundle bed could fit underneath one of the beds. CPS will also provide you with the trundle bed and mattress or help you with a bunk bed. Plus if cps removes her and a judge approves her staying.with you, then you can receive a monthly stiped, food stamps and Medicaid for the teen.
Sadly because of the angle of the ceiling a bunk bed isn't an option and a trundle bed wouldn't have space to pull out. I could do a narrow fold away bed but I'm not sure if they would allow it. I would be willing to move out of this high cost of living state for her but that takes time.
Instead of speculating on whether or not they would allow a fold away bed, why don’t you call them up and ask? Do so anonymously if that is better but your niece needs care so take some action, any action to move that forward before it becomes too late.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:01 pm

So CPS will be ok with her on the couch? Because I seriously would be.
Usually they say each child must have a safe place to sleep and a bed. How many kids and bedrooms do you have now?
So bunk beds and hanging her clothes.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:42 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Usually they say each child must have a safe place to sleep and a bed. How many kids and bedrooms do you have now?
Then one of the rooms could fit a bunkbed. Or a trundle bed could fit underneath one of the beds. CPS will also provide you with the trundle bed and mattress or help you with a bunk bed. Plus if cps removes her and a judge approves her staying.with you, then you can receive a monthly stiped, food stamps and Medicaid for the teen.
I don't think that's the case when the foster family is related to the foster kid. But you should definitely ask the social worker about that.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am Have her call an ambulance at a friends house. The ambulance has to treat her as long as she does not refuse. Once arriving to the hospital via ambulance they will treat her and deal with the logistics after. If she has been treated at a local hospital before they will have her insurance information on file. If she has no insurance they will still treat her.
This is a a great loop hole around her problem. They will call her parents once at the hospital though.
I agree. That's exactly what I'd do. This is ridiculous.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:24 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:13 am Have her call an ambulance at a friends house. The ambulance has to treat her as long as she does not refuse. Once arriving to the hospital via ambulance they will treat her and deal with the logistics after. If she has been treated at a local hospital before they will have her insurance information on file. If she has no insurance they will still treat her.
This is a a great loop hole around her problem. They will call her parents once at the hospital though.
It would be a waste of time and money. The hospital wouldnt be able to do anything and if she wasnt admitted (which she wouldnt be because she has no parental consent) the ambulance ride would never be covered by insurance.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How frustrating. They really have no way to police whether you are her mother or not. I've never seen a hospital ask for verification or a birth certificate or anything.

Good luck and I hope the poor kid gets help soon.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:32 pm

It would be a waste of time and money. The hospital wouldnt be able to do anything and if she wasnt admitted (which she wouldnt be because she has no parental consent) the ambulance ride would never be covered by insurance.
Then I'd be marching in there making like I'm the kids mother. They have no way to police any of that. It's ridiculous what this woman is doing. If that were one of my nieces, there's no way I'd be letting it go.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Then I'd be marching in there making like I'm the kids mother. They have no way to police any of that. It's ridiculous what this woman is doing. If that were one of my nieces, there's no way I'd be letting it go.
So you would commit fraud?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:39 pm

Do you have her insurance card? If not it would be a no go. Also you can get arrested for it because it would be fraud. Why would you break the law instead of just doing it the right way? That is full blown stupid

The best thing to do is for OP to call CPS.
Locked Previous topicNext topic