Real friends dont let friends.... My confession

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have lived by that saying my whole life it seems. I have always been that friend to tell the truth, let my friends know when they are wrong and things like that. I have spent so much time trying to save people from themselves because I thought what kind of friend would I be if I let them lose everything.

Well here lately, screw that. Im so tired being that friend. Im so tired of people telling me things they know are wrong, asking for my input and advice then never going with it, then they end up just exactly where I knew they would be. Im not being that friend anymore to people. So screw it, if they want t make dumb decisions, let them. Like a friend I have right now. She has a little side fling going on, keeps talking to me about it and asking for advice. I tell her its a bad idea, warned her about all she could lose not to mention its potentially dangerous for all parties. She still wants to flirt around and be that person, yet comes back to me to hear my advice. I guess to keep telling her she shouldnt be doing this? But you know what? Im not going to do that. If she wants to possibly screw up her life, then who am I to try and stand in her way, GO FOR IT! Go right on ahead. Maybe that makes me a bad friend, oh well. Im not here to fight with people to not make stupid choices in their lives.

Just getting this off my chest.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How old are you? This sounds like a problem I might have had in my early 20s, pre-kids. This doesn't happen as a real adult, though.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Real friends let friends make their own decisions.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't have a shameless slut as a friend in the first place. Cut ties with her..
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

People will live their own lives.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

She's going to to whatever she feels like doing or not doing regardless of what you say to her.
Mind your own business and stop with the Holier Than Thou judgemental bullshit that you've dressed up as "real friends don't let friends" do whatever
You are just as bad as she is. You are judged by the company you keep so if shes slutting around then you must be doing the same
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:15 am How old are you? This sounds like a problem I might have had in my early 20s, pre-kids. This doesn't happen as a real adult, though.
What an ironically immature thing to say. Lol
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't sugarcoat anything. If someone is doing something stupid, and asks me what I think, I will tell them. However, as an adult I know that other people are going to make different choices most of the time. Doesn't change who I am, and I will continue to tell people how I feel about a situation. Then when it blows up they can't come crying to me about it.

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 am She's going to to whatever she feels like doing or not doing regardless of what you say to her.
Mind your own business and stop with the Holier Than Thou judgemental bullshit that you've dressed up as "real friends don't let friends" do whatever

You are just as bad as she is. You are judged by the company you keep so if shes slutting around then you must be doing the same
This part for sure. You can't play Dear Abby and get all upset when they don't listen. You don't control other people. A real friend would understand that.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe you should find friends that don’t need saving. And also you can’t save people who don’t want to be saved.
Locked Previous topicNext topic