Little Boy room ideas

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Hey you lovely ladies I need some ideas.

My YDS (Age 6) will be getting his own room soon. It's about 10x10 room so relatively big for a 6 year old. He'll have a large closet with french doors so no need to think about storage as I'll be able to fit a dresser into the closet and still have room left over to hang up clothes. One window, ceiling fan with lights. He won't have a TV/Computer/Electronics in his room.

I want his room to be like his little oasis. What kind of things would you put in there? Obviously I'll let him pick out his own sheets and curtains, etc but the only idea I have is a reading nook.
What would you do?

ETA: I want his room to be like a playroom so any ideas would be great for playroom activities.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
When my baby girl was 6 she had a very clear idea of what she want her room to look like. Pink explosion, hello kitty and glow in the dark stars.
He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
He's be happy sleeping on the floor.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm Ask HIM what he wants then look on Pinterest for ideas. Ask him what color he wants the walls painted. If he comes up with a theme then look online for decals or stencils to maybe paint a mural on the wall for that theme. My daughter, at age 6, had a very clear idea of how she wanted to decorate her room. She wanted the walls purple and a fairy motif. I found fairy wallie clings that went easily on and off the wall without damaging the paint when we moved. I scanned in the pictures off of her flower fairy calendar and printed them out so they looked like they'd been painted and framed them to put on the wall. She put on her bed the fairy quilt I made her.
Yeah I've been looking at Pinterest. I'll just sit him down and have him take a look. Past a little reading nook with either a beanbag or a nice kids sized recliner for the reading nook I have no idea.

But alas, he is just a boy. They don't really care about stuff like this. I want it more than he does.
What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Bunk beds with a slide. Seriously, I would love that. *he, I meant “he” would love that. ;)
Deleted User 172

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

What is he into? Dinosaurs? Race Cars? Science? Magic? Bugs? What's his favorite book?
Curious George, PJ Masks, all retro cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, Looney Toons. He loves music. Enjoys tinkering with stuff, like taking stuff apart.
It's hard because he's mostly an outdoorsy kid.
I can't bring a climbing tree inside. (Or maybe I could...??) How would I make a climbing contraption that I could safely put into his room?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Donnie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 pm Bunk beds with a slide. Seriously, I would love that. *he, I meant “he” would love that. ;)
lol, that would solve my climbing contraption thing. And if my nephew spends the night we'll already have a bed ready.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm What does he like? Has he given you any ideas as to what an oasis would be for him?
He likes cars, like matchbox cars so definitely a little area for him to play with his cars. And I saw this cute mirror with matchbox cars on the edges that I'll do.
I like wall decals..very easy to use and they look really nice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic