BM says she needs information about my income for her lawyer

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That is not going to happen. She has absolutely no right to know what my income is. That is just weird and creepy that she wants that kind of info. She says that her lawyer says that they need it and that they are entitled to that information.

I told her no and that I was never going to give her that information.

I never thought BM was crazy until now.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are quickly running out of dumbass bm post topics
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That is pretty standard. My brother is getting a divorce and it states that although the income of other adults in the household is not used to calculate child support that it is needed to determine the ability of the parent to pay child support (in this case his ex will be the NCP). Your husband can't state just his income and then say that he pays the entire mortgage for example. His portion will count (1/2 or so) but not the entire amount.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Really? (Serious. Not being sarcastic.) This I did not know! I always thought they'd only look at a chart, locate his income, and assign the child support accordingly. Interesting.
sheramom4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 pm That is pretty standard. My brother is getting a divorce and it states that although the income of other adults in the household is not used to calculate child support that it is needed to determine the ability of the parent to pay child support (in this case his ex will be the NCP). Your husband can't state just his income and then say that he pays the entire mortgage for example. His portion will count (1/2 or so) but not the entire amount.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

On this site aren't they always crazy
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 pm That is pretty standard. My brother is getting a divorce and it states that although the income of other adults in the household is not used to calculate child support that it is needed to determine the ability of the parent to pay child support (in this case his ex will be the NCP). Your husband can't state just his income and then say that he pays the entire mortgage for example. His portion will count (1/2 or so) but not the entire amount.
If that was the case it would have been brought up in court long ago. My income does not play a role at all in anything.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:16 pm Really? (Serious. Not being sarcastic.) This I did not know! I always thought they'd only look at a chart, locate his income, and assign the child support accordingly. Interesting.
I don't know if it is every state but I have had several friends in other states get a divorce and they ask for the income of every adult in the home. That way they can also properly credit for bills. They can only take X percentage of income and have to allow you to live (if you pay) as well. My state has a calculator that gives credit to both parties as well. So they calculate a total of what they assume kids cost and divide it based on income and the bills each parent has to pay.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:16 pm Really? (Serious. Not being sarcastic.) This I did not know! I always thought they'd only look at a chart, locate his income, and assign the child support accordingly. Interesting.
Depends on the state and their child support laws. I think here it is 25% of the income for two kids. But BM and DH settled on a different amount of monthly child support plus some things that aren’t standard. So it works out in her favor and dh is taking care of his kids so he is happy too.

In the end, we do a lot of extras outside of the CO and I wouldn’t change it. If BM wanted to see my income she could. I wouldn’t care. But she also knows that a judge would look at all the extra we do and everything I pay for and not change anything.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 pm
If that was the case it would have been brought up in court long ago. My income does not play a role at all in anything.
Have you looked at recent changes to the child support law in your area? Hell, your husband may have to pay less. Or he may be getting credits he isn't entitled to due to having a two income home and only needing to pay a portion of the household bills. You should check and see.
The courts can simply order it if they need the information.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:24 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Have you looked at recent changes to the child support law in your area? Hell, your husband may have to pay less. Or he may be getting credits he isn't entitled to due to having a two income home and only needing to pay a portion of the household bills. You should check and see.
The courts can simply order it if they need the information.
DH doesnt even pay child support. Custody is set at 50/50 and neither pays
Locked Previous topicNext topic