Who lets their kids dress like this?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My 14 yr old wears a hoodie in 90 degree weather.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My 13 year old wear jeans and a hoodie when it’s hot and wants to wear shorts when it’s too cold for shorts.
I don’t fight about it.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This seems like nothing to bat an eye over. I wouldn't give it any second thoughts. He'll learn to pick clothes to wear that are appropriate for the activity and meantime no big deal.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I went to 6 Flags on Monday. It was 80 degrees, and I saw several teens wearing jeans and hoodies. Lol
Anonymous 2

Unread post

He will dress appropriately when he is teased for looking crazy, it may take a few times but he will adjust
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:15 am My 13 year old wear jeans and a hoodie when it’s hot and wants to wear shorts when it’s too cold for shorts.
I don’t fight about it.
Mine wears a hoodie all the time.. yesterday it was 93 degrees and guess who had on a hoodies and she doesn’t sweat. I get hot just looking at a hoodie...lol
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My 13 year old wears a jacket/hoodie and pants all the time. Drives me nuts but he's old enough to know what he's comfortable in.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't let them wear pajamas, but otherwise, the kid is nine, not a toddler. She didn't dress him, he dressed himself. He's old enough to know that he will be hot and to deal with it.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My 14 year old would try to wear jeans and a sweatshirt in 90 degree temps. She quickly realizes she's made the wrong choice most of time.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I hear ya! But to be honest with you, unless it was going to affect me (and in this instance, it might have because he might have wanted to leave the park because he was too hot), I wouldn't say a word. Sooner or later, when it affects him, he'll figure it out.

When my kids were young, I tried to remember to pick my battles. I will admit that there were a few occasions when I might have been embarrassed by their attire. On those occasions, I might have them change their clothes! :lol:
Locked Previous topicNext topic