Who lets their kids dress like this?

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My oldest wears a hoodie int he summer
My 2nd will wear the same outfit over and over, until I threaten to cut it off him
My third wears shorts in the summer.
My fourth and fifth are still little and I dictate what they wear, even though they like to strip to their underwear when we are home.

Kids are weird, boys especially.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I will make suggestions at that age, but I do not dress them except on rare family event where there will be pictures.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not understanding the problem but you should see how my son dresses. And you know what some days if we're not going anywhere important I just dgaf. I've got bigger problems to worry over.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Meh, kids like to dress weird. Pick the battles, dude...pick the battles.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

There are more important things to worry and fret about.
But, I guess I’d draw the line at wearing pajamas in public. Kids and their parents included.( It’s just so antisocial and inappropriate)
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So does my 19 yo!! So glad he's not the only one!!
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 am My 14 yr old wears a hoodie in 90 degree weather.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope, not the only one..
I used to fuss about it , but now I’m like whatever.
hotspice58 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 am So does my 19 yo!! So glad he's not the only one!!
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 am My 14 yr old wears a hoodie in 90 degree weather.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Sounds to me like the child's reasoning for doing this could be one of two things:

1). To get to you knowing how you feel about your own children being "dressed to the nines," in which case if it IS this, he won.

or a much more serious possibility..

2). The child is feeling insecure or might even be covering something up on their body.

Don't mock this and don't let it upset you. This is parenting...bio or step....and sometimes kid's do things we don't agree with or like but we roll with it.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mine are 11 (DD) and 14 (DS) and they have been dressing themselves since they were 8/9. I don't battle them unless we are going somewhere nice and they have to dress up. I also tell them that I don't want to hear them bitch if they are too hot or too cold because of their clothing choices. I refuse to do battle over what they wear. It just isn't worth it. It was 95 here yesterday and DD wore gym shorts with a long sleeve fleece top and tall fuzzy socks. She looked ridiculous and was dressed about 40 degrees too hot, but she was happy.... Her friends poked fun, I poked fun, her GS leaders even poked fun and she couldn't have cared less. She liked it and that was all that mattered. Why fight it?
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Not a battle I ever fought with my kid. Give him a couple or so more years and he will drive you nuts asking for the latest style of jeans and what not. Meanwhile, if the kid wants to go out into the public looking like a damn fool, leave him alone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic