Dangers of antidepressants

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Antidepressants can increase the intensity of intrusive thoughts. Especially if you have a tendency towards obsessiveness and OCD. Prescribing antidepressants is more of an art than a science and it should be the other way around. Because of genetics, what works for one person's depression may not work for another so the new hot antidepressant that the doctor is prescribing for everyone like we were all 'cut from the same cloth' is bound to have unintended reactions in some people.

And FYI. Everyone gets these random intrusive thoughts. When my daughter was a baby, I got them a lot. Various violent scenarios that came to my mind out of nowhere. I just brushed them off as my mommy senses being in overdrive to protect my brand new little bundle of joy. If you are in the habit of watching crime tv shows or horror movies then that is where these intrusive thoughts are being fed. At the time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel were very popular and we watched the shows every week. Every week a demon or vampire was vanquished after one or more students at Sunnydale High were found dead somewhere on campus or at the teen hangout The Bronze, so my brain had lots of fodder for intrusive thoughts too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic