Dangers of antidepressants

EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you truly had such a thought you have no evidence whatsoever that it was the medication that caused it. Talk to your doctor. But this does not mean there is a huge danger when anyone takes antidepressants that you will want to harm your child. That is ridiculous.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am It is impossible to distinguish causation from a coincidental correlation based on one person’s experience.

You may be trying to warn people, but can harm in the process, as you provide unfounded, incorrect rationale which could serve as a motive for someone to stop their medications, who desperately needs them.
This. I've had weird and dark stray thoughts once in a blue moon and I'm not on anything. (maybe I should be - haha) But you never stop a medication without talking to your doctor.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am It is impossible to distinguish causation from a coincidental correlation based on one person’s experience.

You may be trying to warn people, but can harm in the process, as you provide unfounded, incorrect rationale which could serve as a motive for someone to stop their medications, who desperately needs them.
Ok. When did i tell anyone to stop taking THEIR medication?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Have you gone back to the doctor since stopping the medication?
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Careful, OP, all the Big Pharma cheerleaders will eat you alive.

In all seriousness, antidepressants are not harmless drugs. Your experience proves it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 am If you truly had such a thought you have no evidence whatsoever that it was the medication that caused it. Talk to your doctor. But this does not mean there is a huge danger when anyone takes antidepressants that you will want to harm your child. That is ridiculous.
Neither must the warning labels on all the medications right?
Those are ridiculous too right?
What I said was that I must be one of those people that those warning labels are about. It's nothing to be ashamed of and proves that those labels are correct FOR SOME PEOPLE.
I was taking them for insomnia, which is easily treated in a myraid of other ways.

Stop trying to point fingers to "I'm trying to demonize medication. "
Thats the problem with this. I very clearly stated that this happened to ME and everybody wants to suddenly take offense.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Here’s something else that can happen when taking antidepressants:

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000685.htm
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320175.php
Tardive dyskenesia
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 am If you truly had such a thought you have no evidence whatsoever that it was the medication that caused it. Talk to your doctor. But this does not mean there is a huge danger when anyone takes antidepressants that you will want to harm your child. That is ridiculous.
I have had bad thoughts. I think everyone has. I'm not on any medication but I've thought Things like throwing my phone out the car window as I ride off into the sunset or throttling a child. Usually most people just dismiss them as her dark side talking and goes about her business. But if you can't, medication or not I'd see a psychiatrist or counselor.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:46 am Careful, OP, all the Big Pharma cheerleaders will eat you alive.

In all seriousness, antidepressants are not harmless drugs. Your experience proves it.
You have to weigh the risks with the benefits. I’m a pharmacy cheerleader because medicine saved my life.
Everyone has different experiences, so it’s not a right choice for everyone, but it’s definitely a right choice for me
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Goodness folks, OP isn't saying everyone taking an antidepressant is going to go out and hurt their children. But even the commercials for these drugs tell you that if you have suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming others you should stop taking the drug.

The lesson to be learned here isn't that everyone should stop taking medicine they need. The goal isn't to pick OP apart especially when she did the right thing for herself. It's to be made aware that yes, drugs that alter brain chemistry can sometimes have bad side effects and we should be alert for that possibility and careful with them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic