HGTV Home "Give Away"

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm If I won, I'd just flip it and sell it. Speaking of HGTV, does anybody remember the name of that crazy reno show that would do crazy shit to people's home like attach an airplane to it or turn the inside to look like castle or a pirate's ship?
What?!? I would love to see that show.
It was like watching a trainwreck with body parts being thrown about. The homeowners never looked thrilled with the finished job. They all looked like something out of a Tim Burton nightmare.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They have a whole YouTube video about this. I just watched it recently, lol. I still enter though because whatever, lol.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:08 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:59 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm If I won, I'd just flip it and sell it. Speaking of HGTV, does anybody remember the name of that crazy reno show that would do crazy shit to people's home like attach an airplane to it or turn the inside to look like castle or a pirate's ship?
Trading spaces?
No that was different. It was on around the same period that Trading Spaces was on though.
This is going to bug.me now.
Decorating cents?
Room by room?
Design on a dime?
Designers challenge?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Trading spaces?
No that was different. It was on around the same period that Trading Spaces was on though.
Extreme makeover home edition.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:02 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 pm Most people who win the dream home end up selling it because they can’t afford it. You need the income to support a million dollar home.

It costs us around 50k a yr to run our home. Property taxes are insane where I live.
I’m sure it costs you more than that if you live in a large house with help. I refuse to do the math to figure out what I pay my housekeeper, lawn service, and pool guys because it would probably make me cry.
Yep, our house is probably too large for the three of us. It’s the property and school taxes that are killer.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 pm

What?!? I would love to see that show.
It was like watching a trainwreck with body parts being thrown about. The homeowners never looked thrilled with the finished job. They all looked like something out of a Tim Burton nightmare.
Lol!!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Trading spaces?
Extreme makeover home edition.
Wasn't that the one that Ty Pennington hosted where they picked a poor family and renovated this amazing house that they couldn't afford to keep up?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Trading spaces?
This is going to bug.me now.
Decorating cents?
Room by room?
Design on a dime?
Designers challenge?
No none of those. This one did bizarre renovations. There was always one family where someone looked like they couldn't wait to undo all of it as soon as the cameras stopped.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:35 pm Most people who win the dream home end up selling it because they can’t afford it. You need the income to support a million dollar home.

It costs us around 50k a yr to run our home. Property taxes are insane where I live.
I would sell it too. I can't imagine having to pay what they pay. For a 2600sqft home here you would pay around 40k a year here, and that's just basic housing costs. Our property taxes are fairly high here as well.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That was the problem with that extreme home makeover show. Most people ended up moving out within a year because they couldn't afford the property taxes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic