I let the kids swim in their clothes. My mom is freaking out about it.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I let the kids swim in their clothes, the boy is pretty much always in shorts and the girl is always in either leggings or shorts so the weight of their clothing is not an issue. They’re strong swimmers, they’re not going to drown because they wear sports shorts instead of a bathing suit.

My mom is here for a week, they’ve been swimming every day so far and she is freaking out every time.

IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL!

They swim in their clothes, more important things have happened in this world to freak out about! LET IT GO!!!
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am at a waterpark and some kid is in his underwear. Lol! She should be happy they have clothes on.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why? You are at your house, why not put a bathing suit on? My husband is huge on swimming safety, our kids are strong swimmers but he won't allow that. Regular clothing absorbs water differently and is more likely to get caught or wrapped on something.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 pm Why? You are at your house, why not put a bathing suit on? My husband is huge on swimming safety, our kids are strong swimmers but he won't allow that. Regular clothing absorbs water differently and is more likely to get caught or wrapped on something.
Because there’s no reason to not just let them jump in. There’s not enough fabric to get wrapped around anything and the weight difference is negligible. It’s basketball shorts and leggings, they can swim just fine in them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You let them ONCE?
Or you always let them?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I see nothing wrong with grandma having concerns about the kids safety. However, you are the mother and if you are cool with it..so be it.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The fabric they're wearing isn't meant for the chemicals in the pool. But whatever
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Leggings and what? You didn't describe the top half.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've done it. I will say jeans suck to swim in. But if its lightweight clothes what does it matter?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 pm You let them ONCE?
Or you always let them?
I pretty much always let them
Locked Previous topicNext topic