Now that she had her baby SM is constantly bitching about my kids having their own rooms

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I made a post sometime last year about how SM and my ex were mad that my kids had to have their own rooms at their house. The court order says that the kids will have their own rooms, they tried to take it to court to get rid of it and lost. The judge felt like it was unfair to my kids to have to share a room when they had never had to do that before even if they arent at his house 50% of the time. They felt that teens shouldnt have to share a room with a baby or other young children and they shouldnt have to share with each other.

SM was angry at that point because she was pregnant and wanted her kid to have nursery and all this BS. I figured that it would be an issue as the baby got older but I didnt think it would be this soon.

I always told my ex to just have the other kids use the rooms when they arent there and they can just use them to sleep and study when they are there, they dont even care if there is toys and stuff in there as long as they still have their bed and a desk that they can use while there.

First SM started asking me nicely if the kids could share a room. I said no. Then it got more and more nasty and turned into her calling me all kinds of names.

At this point I am thinking about just taking it to court for full custody. I know my ex wont like that but it would save me and the kids from hearing about this. SM is relentless with her bitching towards the kids and me as much as possible even though I have blocked her anytime she tries. My ex tells her to stop but she doesnt. The kids don't even want to be around her

She knew about the rule when she moved into the house and before they got married. To make things worse DD was saying that she is pretty sure SM is pregnant again.

I am so over this and so are the kids
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There’s nothing like using the kids as pawns in the war against the ex...👏
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:09 pm There’s nothing like using the kids as pawns in the war against the ex...
How am I using them as pawns? You never make any sense
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He will still get visitation and wouldn't the court order that states they have to have their own room still be in effect? If the order is set aside or modified, where will the kids sleep when they do go over there.....on the couch? SM is going to take over those rooms.....
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 pm He will still get visitation and wouldn't the court order that states they have to have their own room still be in effect? If the order is set aside or modified, where will the kids sleep when they do go over there.....on the couch? SM is going to take over those rooms.....

I'm not sure how the court order would work or how it would be changed. Even if they just go for weekends it would cut down on the amount of time they are around SM. My lawyer thinks that if we go for it they could say they dont want to sleep there at all which would solve a lot of problems

At this point they feel like she is trying to get them to leave and they are okay with that.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What is wrong with kids sharing a room? There was an article a few years ago about kids having their own rooms makes it harder for them to share when they go to college and out in the real world.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because really? “The judge says it’s unfair they have to share a room!” Oh, poor babies. You should tell them to make a little sacrifice when they’re there instead of furthering their anger and now threatening to take full custody.
Do you honestly think it’s better for your kids to fuel more resentment against their dad and his new family? You could end all trouble if you just talk to your kids about accommodating to the circumstances. But no. You prefer to take the fight further over something so stupid.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:09 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:09 pm There’s nothing like using the kids as pawns in the war against the ex...
How am I using them as pawns? You never make any sense
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds about right for OPs kids... God forbid they make a little sacrifice so a baby can have a nursery!
hotspice58 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:12 pm What is wrong with kids sharing a room? There was an article a few years ago about kids having their own rooms makes it harder for them to share when they go to college and out in the real world.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:12 pm What is wrong with kids sharing a room? There was an article a few years ago about kids having their own rooms makes it harder for them to share when they go to college and out in the real world.
My ex and I (until he changed his mind last year) always felt it was important for them to have their own rooms

At this point they are 15 and 16. They don't want to start sharing a room with each other or with young kids especially when they have their own rooms at my house
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Things change and circumstances change and you have to roll with the punches and make the best of it.
I always thought it was important for kids to have an extracurricular activity but because of certain circumstances, that’s not a viable possibility now, so tough. They go without that and we make the best of it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:16 pm
My ex and I (until he changed his mind last year) always felt it was important for them to have their own rooms

At this point they are 15 and 16. They don't want to start sharing a room with each other or with young kids especially when they have their own rooms at my house
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic