Brake-checking

Deleted User 172

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am Stop tail gating and it wouldnt be an issue
This.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Get a clue and back off - problem solved.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't brake check but if I'm not in a hurry I would definitely slow down another 5 mph.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't tailgate people. It's a jerk move to follow too closely and an invitation to cause an accident. There are reasons why someone might not go the speed limit all the time.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm

It's what I do when someone is going excessively slow. Honestly, I didn't even really notice that I was so close until the first time she brake-checked me. I gained on her and ended up close because she was going so slow.

I'm not saying I was right. I'm not asking about my actions. I've been followed super close myself and I've never brake-checked someone. I don't get the point of doing so.
To get asshole tailgaters to realize how dangerously and stupidly they are driving and back off to a safe following distance.

That seems obvious to me. Not to you? Hmmmm
And how often does that actually work for you? How often does a tailgater actually back off once you brake-check them?

People will always be assholes on the road, including me sometimes. But being an asshole in return is just stooping to their level. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Well, I don’t brake check people, so I can’t answer that. Apparently some dickwads choose to tailgate other people even after someone brake-checks them! I imagine they are too arrogant (or stupid) to get the hint, unfortunately. We can only hope that it’s law enforcement and not death by car accident that get them off the road!

Reading comprehension and safe, intelligent driving are both skills that you don’t possess, apparently.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:30 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm Yes I've done it. Yes I've had it done to me.

It's one way to tell a driver they're being an idiot. You really are in the wrong here. Doesn't matter if she's going 20, 25, or 50, you were too close and you know it.
Yes I do. Not denying that.

Does brake-checking actually work to get the idiot to back off? Do you think it really gets people to think "Oh my gosh, I'm so wrong, I'm never ever going to do that again."
The few times I've brake checked someone who was too close to me, they did back off. Did they have an epiphany and never do it again? I highly doubt it, I'm not that stupid.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Oh boy. Yeah, reading and driving just don’t come naturally to you, do they?

A) I wasn’t talking about your speed, I was talking about you tail-gating. “Reckless” doesn't mean speeding.

B) you should review the meaning of the word “residential.” Lol

Doesn’t matter, really, though. Its 25 for a reason. Foot traffic, frequent turns, whatever. You were driving dangerously and aggressively. You were in the wrong. Have the grace to admit that and I can only hope that you gain the maturity to drive a car safely and responsibly soon!
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:19 pm Before I caught up to her I was going 30mph. That's hardly reckless. And I'd use the term "neighborhood" loosely. There are zero houses on that stretch of that road. It's all gov't buildings.
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:32 pm So you were driving recklessly through a neighborhood and then continued to be a gigantic asshole and drive illegally and dangerously. Putting you, your passengers, and anyone in the other car at risk?

Wow. Uh....good for you for admitting that. Now maybe self reflect, feel some shame, and go get a refresher from a driving instructor.

The speed limit doesn't mean you HAVE to go exactly that fast. Going slow through a neighborhood is commendable. You, however, drive like an inexcusable, self-absorbed asshole. I would have done what I always do- slow down slowly if you are tailgating me. We can creep along at 15, I don't care.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:21 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:19 pm Before I caught up to her I was going 30mph. That's hardly reckless. And I'd use the term "neighborhood" loosely. There are zero houses on that stretch of that road. It's all gov't buildings.

Are you for real? You are justifying your tailgating and condemning her brake cheaking by admitting to speeding??
Where have I tried to justify my tailgating? I believe I've said multiple times that I was wrong. I'm trying to find the thought process of reacting to one wrong with another wrong.
How would you have reacted if she had slowed down any more?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't break check but I slow wayyyyyy down. If you kiss my ass going 65 mph in a 55 mph zone. Congratulations we are now going 35 mph in a 55 mph zone.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:21 pm

Are you for real? You are justifying your tailgating and condemning her brake cheaking by admitting to speeding??
Where have I tried to justify my tailgating? I believe I've said multiple times that I was wrong. I'm trying to find the thought process of reacting to one wrong with another wrong.
How would you have reacted if she had slowed down any more?
Slowed down to match her speed. That should be obvious.
Locked Previous topicNext topic