Brake-checking

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't because I don't trust the person behind me to be paying attention and not to rear-end me. However the problem here isn't her, it was you. Get off her butt and she'll stop break checking you. Riding her bumper isn't going to make her go any faster. What if she had to slam on her breaks and you didn't have time to stop?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am I don't brake check but if you tail gate me I drop my speed even lower.
I'm guilty of this.

The worst brake-checks I've seen are on Fury Road on Youtube though. Often it's regular vehicles, but some asses (usually small sedans) think it's funny to cut off big rigs and then brake-check them. What the hell? All kinds of people could end up dead or injured because of that crap!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Where I am brake checking is illegal. They can be charged with reckless or dangerous driving depending on the speed being travelled. But you could also be charged with failing to maintain a safe stopping distance, or careless driving. So there is a simple solution - back off and you will both be fine.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yep. I do it. Especially in the school zone. Few people slow down as it’s on a busy road. If you’re behind me, we are going 20. Ride my ass? 15 it is.
Fairymom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No. I like my car too much to risk a rear end collision. Tail gating already shows you can't drive well. But I will go a whole hell of a lot slower because you're being a tail gating asshole.
You are the one in the wrong here. Tail gating is an asshole move. Back off peoples bumper. Its rude and is a safety risk. Did you even read the driver's manual?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MuggleMama wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am Why so close ?
It's what I do when someone is going excessively slow. Honestly, I didn't even really notice that I was so close until the first time she brake-checked me. I gained on her and ended up close because she was going so slow.

I'm not saying I was right. I'm not asking about my actions. I've been followed super close myself and I've never brake-checked someone. I don't get the point of doing so.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am Stop tail gating and it wouldnt be an issue
That doesn't answer any of my questions.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't, because I have no faith in other drivers since I've seen how stupidly so many of them drive. Simple solution, if you don't want to be brake checked, don't tailgate.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am I don't brake check. But I hate tail gaters and if I have time to waste I might even slow down more until I can move over.
I've had that happen to me. If I can move over myself I do. If I can't move over, I just patiently follow behind, just really close. It's not an anger thing for me. I just follow really closely when someone is traveling excessively slow.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am Only to truckers on the highway. Not a good idea but if I'm already going 5-10 over and you're riding my ass, damn straight I'm going to break check the f**k outta you and I'll box you in too and slow down until you get the hint, especially if you're in a semi truck as that becomes a safety issue for EVERYONE on the road.
This didn't involve any truckers or any highway and she was going 5 UNDER the speed limit, which is already really low. At higher speeds I leave more distance for safety and at any speed if they are close to or already over the speed limit then I am not tailing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic