Brake-checking

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:59 am Maybe she wasnt brake checking you, maybe she was trying to see the st signs & figure out where to turn.

Sometimes it's not even about you, until you make it about yourself.
There were no streets in this section, just parking lots. She turned off into a popular parking lot.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm Where I am brake checking is illegal. They can be charged with reckless or dangerous driving depending on the speed being travelled. But you could also be charged with failing to maintain a safe stopping distance, or careless driving. So there is a simple solution - back off and you will both be fine.
I could, and if a cop wanted to ticket me for that I would not deny my guilt. But I haven't received a ticket for following too close in 25 years.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am I don't brake check. But I hate tail gaters and if I have time to waste I might even slow down more until I can move over.
I've had that happen to me. If I can move over myself I do. If I can't move over, I just patiently follow behind, just really close. It's not an anger thing for me. I just follow really closely when someone is traveling excessively slow.
It's annoying. I'm going the speed limit and some moron thinks that's too slow. Be patient dude or you're going to see slow.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm Where I am brake checking is illegal. They can be charged with reckless or dangerous driving depending on the speed being travelled. But you could also be charged with failing to maintain a safe stopping distance, or careless driving. So there is a simple solution - back off and you will both be fine.
I could, and if a cop wanted to ticket me for that I would not deny my guilt. But I haven't received a ticket for following too close in 25 years.
I got a warning once from a cop that stupidly I tailgated. It might have been a ticket. It was long ago.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If you knew you were that close, why didn't you back off a little? It's not like you were going to get there any faster riding her tail like that.

I don't do it often, but if I brake check someone it's because they are making me extremely nervous, like I'm genuinely worried they're going to hit me. If they don't take the hint, I start gradually slowing down until they either pass me or back off.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I do not get the point of tailgating someone. If you’re going 20, she’s likely going the speed limit. I do not Brake check but I don’t tailgate either
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Yes I have. Stay off my ass. In fact id brake checking doesn't work. I slow down even more.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

One time a guy was so pissed at me for going 15 when I got on a ramp(the speed limit) that he passed me when we hit the road and I sped up just in time for him to slam on his brakes. This caused me to have to slam on mine, my car to slide sideways, and consequently, 5 cars behind me to have to stop and slide. It was all fun and games to the guy until he realized the 3rd or 4th car back was a cop. He quit laughing pretty fast when she pulled him over. I, on the other hand, was laughing hard as I passed him getting that ticket. That is after I calmed down after thinking he was going to kill someone.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

So you were driving recklessly through a neighborhood and then continued to be a gigantic asshole and drive illegally and dangerously. Putting you, your passengers, and anyone in the other car at risk?

Wow. Uh....good for you for admitting that. Now maybe self reflect, feel some shame, and go get a refresher from a driving instructor.

The speed limit doesn't mean you HAVE to go exactly that fast. Going slow through a neighborhood is commendable. You, however, drive like an inexcusable, self-absorbed asshole. I would have done what I always do- slow down slowly if you are tailgating me. We can creep along at 15, I don't care.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm
MuggleMama wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 am Why so close ?
It's what I do when someone is going excessively slow. Honestly, I didn't even really notice that I was so close until the first time she brake-checked me. I gained on her and ended up close because she was going so slow.

I'm not saying I was right. I'm not asking about my actions. I've been followed super close myself and I've never brake-checked someone. I don't get the point of doing so.
To get asshole tailgaters to realize how dangerously and stupidly they are driving and back off to a safe following distance.

That seems obvious to me. Not to you? Hmmmm
Locked Previous topicNext topic