Updated Ewwwww!!!! What should I do???

Anonymous 1

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
In some areas with a high incidents of Lyme disease, some doctors do test ticks. My DD was bitten and we kept the tick. She got the bullseye and our doctor had the tick tested to be sure.
I live in Connecticut and my pedi said they don’t test ticks lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

JoJo728 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:20 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
In some areas with a high incidents of Lyme disease, some doctors do test ticks. My DD was bitten and we kept the tick. She got the bullseye and our doctor had the tick tested to be sure.
From the CDC....

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/removal/index.html

It basically says tick testing labs aren’t regulated like human labs are.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

First Aid
Collapse Section
First Aid has been expanded.
If a tick is attached to you, follow these steps to remove it:

Use tweezers to grasp the tick close to its head or mouth. DO NOT use your bare fingers. If you don’t have tweezers and need to use your fingers, use a tissue or paper towel.
Pull the tick straight out with a slow and steady motion. Avoid squeezing or crushing the tick. Be careful not to leave the head embedded in the skin.
Clean the area well with soap and water. Also wash your hands thoroughly.
Save the tick in a jar. Watch the person who was bitten carefully over the next week or two for symptoms of Lyme disease.
If all parts of the tick can't be removed, get medical help. Bring the tick in the jar to your doctor appointment.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I probably would panic. Ticks are no where in my wheelhouse. Never. And from the other posts, I’m so glad my son was never interested in scouts.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Ladyiq
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I hope you didnt leave that thing on your child waiting for a Dr's appt.
Locked Previous topicNext topic