Updated Ewwwww!!!! What should I do???

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm I'll be honest, I'd be so afraid the little shit would break or I'd do it wrong that I'd have a doctor do it lol.
I wanted to go to urgent care, but my doctor basically told me to put my big girl panties on and deal with it myself.
I have too much anxiety about doing stuff like that by myself. A cut, scrape, whatever I can deal with but not pulling a bug out that could break.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
Obviously op doesn't have boy scouts. We've had leeches and ticks on us. I pull them off and keep an eye out for Lyme disease. One can Google techniques but it's not hard. Not like it's lice or something.
Imagine the very worst posible place for a boy to get bitten by a tick.....Yep it happened at boy scout camp
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 pm Why does this need to involve a dr?
Because it is my child and I had never had this problem before. I call the doctor rather than playing the doctor google game.
This isnt a dr google thing. This is badic,very basic first aid
Meh, it’s not an issue I’ve had before. Next time I will know what to do.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm

That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
Obviously op doesn't have boy scouts. We've had leeches and ticks on us. I pull them off and keep an eye out for Lyme disease. One can Google techniques but it's not hard. Not like it's lice or something.
After reading this reply, I will never have Boy Scouts lol.
It happens. I'd take a tick over lice any day. Tick is one bug usually and done. Lice is cleaning your damn house plus combing a kids hair until your hands fall off and then doing it again a week later to make sure you got all the nits. And then I've got to treat myself. Um no.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You called a doctor for a tick?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm I'll be honest, I'd be so afraid the little shit would break or I'd do it wrong that I'd have a doctor do it lol.
I wanted to go to urgent care, but my doctor basically told me to put my big girl panties on and deal with it myself.
I have too much anxiety about doing stuff like that by myself. A cut, scrape, whatever I can deal with but not pulling a bug out that could break.
It isn't a big deal if the head does break off. The body will expel it eventually.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:59 pmRemove it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ticks are one of my biggest fears. I loathe them.

I am sorry.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

THIS!!!!!
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:06 pm Pull the tick out. If the tick is big enough and your kid can sit still, try spinning the tick around in a circular motion with your finger. It will cause the tick to pull out by itself. Otherwise, use a pair of tweezers. Disinfect tweezers afterward with rubbing alcohol. If the tick hasn't been there long, then all you need to do is clean the bite site and maybe dab on some antibacterial ointment. Save the tick to take to the doctors. The tick must be attached for 36-48 hours before transmitting Lyme disease so if he just got the tick today, remove it and he'll be fine. Otherwise, your pediatrician should prescribe a 3 week dose of doxycycline in case the tick carried Lyme. Especially if there is a red ring around the bite

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/transmission/index.html
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
In some areas with a high incidents of Lyme disease, some doctors do test ticks. My DD was bitten and we kept the tick. She got the bullseye and our doctor had the tick tested to be sure.
Locked Previous topicNext topic