Why does this need to involve a dr?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
Obviously op doesn't have boy scouts. We've had leeches and ticks on us. I pull them off and keep an eye out for Lyme disease. One can Google techniques but it's not hard. Not like it's lice or something.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:06 pm Pull the tick out. If the tick is big enough and your kid can sit still, try spinning the tick around in a circular motion with your finger. It will cause the tick to pull out by itself. Otherwise, use a pair of tweezers. Disinfect tweezers afterward with rubbing alcohol. If the tick hasn't been there long, then all you need to do is clean the bite site and maybe dab on some antibacterial ointment. Save the tick to take to the doctors. The tick must be attached for 36-48 hours before transmitting Lyme disease so if he just got the tick today, remove it and he'll be fine. Otherwise, your pediatrician should prescribe a 3 week dose of doxycycline in case the tick carried Lyme. Especially if there is a red ring around the bite

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/transmission/index.html
4 year olds can’t take doxycycline, but my pedi also said they won’t prescribe antibiotics unless he develops symptoms and tests positive for Lyme.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm Remove it! Why is it necessary to go to the doctor for this? You just remove it and keep an eye on the bite site to make sure it doesn't turn into a bulls-eye.
That's what I was thinking. And the replies to bring the tick to a laboratory for testing? Really?? Just pull the tick off and move on LOL.
That’s exactly what the doctor said lol
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll be honest, I'd be so afraid the little shit would break or I'd do it wrong that I'd have a doctor do it lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 pm
Obviously op doesn't have boy scouts. We've had leeches and ticks on us. I pull them off and keep an eye out for Lyme disease. One can Google techniques but it's not hard. Not like it's lice or something.
After reading this reply, I will never have Boy Scouts lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm I'll be honest, I'd be so afraid the little shit would break or I'd do it wrong that I'd have a doctor do it lol.
I wanted to go to urgent care, but my doctor basically told me to put my big girl panties on and deal with it myself.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 pm Why does this need to involve a dr?
Because it is my child and I had never had this problem before. I call the doctor rather than playing the doctor google game.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:23 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 pm Why does this need to involve a dr?
Because it is my child and I had never had this problem before. I call the doctor rather than playing the doctor google game.
This isnt a dr google thing. This is badic,very basic first aid
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:20 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm I'll be honest, I'd be so afraid the little shit would break or I'd do it wrong that I'd have a doctor do it lol.
I wanted to go to urgent care, but my doctor basically told me to put my big girl panties on and deal with it myself.
Snort
Locked Previous topicNext topic