My Ex-MIL has lost her damn mind

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am sure some of you remember my story of ExMil, losing her shit and choking one of my kids and telling them they will never amount to anything. Well, after that we 100% cut contact with her. My Ex (kids dad) still talks to her but she doesn't talk to or see the kids and they want nothing to do with her. (I filed a police report and told my ex if she gets anywhere around them, I WILL get a restraining order)

Well it's been almost a year since we cut her off. Today she messages me of FB out of the blue and asks if we are still going to church/breakfast with her and ExFil like we have every year for Easter. I would play nice every year and go to church with her/fil and ExDH, so I could spend more time with the kids.

Has this woman lost her damn mind? Does she really think I am going to take the kids to her church so she can play super grandma? ExDH works all day so I have the kids alone this year (We usually split Easter)

I didn't even respond. I just laughed and closed the messenger.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't understand the not responding thing. That's an invitation to keep asking and even increase her attempts at contact. Write back that you're not doing that, alert your ex that this happened, AND THEN ignore further contact.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just send this gif to her, lol

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 pm I don't understand the not responding thing. That's an invitation to keep asking and even increase her attempts at contact. Write back that you're not doing that, alert your ex that this happened, AND THEN ignore further contact.
Thats just giving her what she wants. Any contact at all is a bad thing. Into the blackhole she goes. If OP responds at all it just opens the door to more harrassment. They have not spoken in almost a year. No need to speak now
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:20 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 pm I don't understand the not responding thing. That's an invitation to keep asking and even increase her attempts at contact. Write back that you're not doing that, alert your ex that this happened, AND THEN ignore further contact.
Thats just giving her what she wants. Any contact at all is a bad thing. Into the blackhole she goes. If OP responds at all it just opens the door to more harrassment. They have not spoken in almost a year. No need to speak now
You may very well be correct. It's just such a CM cliche for people to ignore problems and then be surprised when they don't just go away.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:27 pm
You may very well be correct. It's just such a CM cliche for people to ignore problems and then be surprised when they don't just go away.
Its a catch 22. If she talks to her now she is just opening the door for more confrontation. When she doesn't talk to her EXMIL will more than likely escalate.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[quote=Hot4Tchr-Bieg post_id=377542 time=1555693172 user_id=1263]
I don't understand the not responding thing. That's an invitation to keep asking and even increase her attempts at contact. Write back that you're not doing that, alert your ex that this happened, AND THEN ignore further contact.

I don't understand why she's not blocked from op's facebook like I would do but hey I just read these things.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:31 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:27 pm

Its a catch 22. If she talks to her now she is just opening the door for more confrontation. When she doesn't talk to her EXMIL will more than likely escalate.
I'm so grateful for my family and my in laws when I see these stories. My husband's brother and wife can be volatile...lose their tempers and yell at you over stupid shit. But it's maybe happened 5 times in the 32 years I've known them, and they act like it never happened after. So it's like I've won the family jackpot over here.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would probably send a reminder message of - remember you choked my kid not spending time with you anymore. Have a great Easter.😉
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No response IS a response as well. Sometimes it's more peaceful to just not respond. Her Ex MIL might respond again if OP responds "No." Ex MIL might say "well why not?!" and Ex MIL might go off on OP. Sometimes the road to peace from toxic people is to not respond at all. I speak from experience.
Locked Previous topicNext topic