I am not going to associate with my new SIL and my brother can not understand why

Anonymous 1

Unread post

He married this girl quickly. They barely even dated. I have known her longer than him. She is not a good person. She gets abortions like they are no big deal. She doesnt even have any problem posting about it on social media. At one point she was nearly bragging about not having to even pay. In my city at least anyone can get a free abortion at a public hospital using medicare.

I am pro choice within reason. I think yes a woman should have the right to chose but they also shouldnt use abortion as their main birth control. She was dating a friend of mine and she got pregnant and he begged her to keep the baby and she refused. She even went as far as sending him "abortion party" memes and picture

I just cant deal with someone like that. I think it is honestly disgusting. I cant just get passed it. My brother didnt know all of it and I told him some when he asked why. He still thinks I need to just deal with it.

Sorry but no. I understand she will be at family things but that doesnt mean I need to talk to her. I dont need to invite her to things and I dont need to pretend like I like her.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Well, you are right that you don't have to talk to her. That's your decision with or without her abortion history.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sounds like a petty reason, but its your relationship. Maybe since she's now married, her attitude toward potential pregnancies could change.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If you're truly pro-choice then you wouldn't have added 'within reason'.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am sure she will cry her eyes out about your lack of approval. 😭

Sometimes the SIL is worse than the MIL.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 am Sounds like a petty reason, but its your relationship. Maybe since she's now married, her attitude toward potential pregnancies could change.
This is her third marriage so I doubt that
Anonymous 1

Unread post

cellomom26 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:50 am I am sure she will cry her eyes out about your lack of approval. 😭

Sometimes the SIL is worse than the MIL.
Her mom is amazing. I dont understand how she turned out the way she did.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Be prepared to lose your brother and him not coming stuff if she isn't invited
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is this really worth losing your brother over?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I doubt this is real but even if it is-you don't have to associate with anyone. Its a free country after all. You don't have to talk to anyone.

But if you attend family functions you do have to be cordial to her. You have to play nice. You can't be rude or completely ignore her. So if you can't play nice-don't go at all. Or you are causing family drama.

For events you throw or host-you don't have to invite her but then that means your brother or any future kids they may have would not be included either. As a family they are one social unit and you have to treat them as such.

I would either just kinda drop my brother and her completely or I would suck it up and be nice to her. Its really one or the other. You can't ignore her and treat her like crap and expect her to let you be a part of their lives and their future children's lives. No way would someone get my kids without being nice to me too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic