I wonder if my kids will be disappointed with no Easter baskets?

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:38 pm
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Do you work? Maybe stress is causing you to be so tired.
I work full time and go to college part time. I have two kids in activities and I’ve had a rough few years. It’s stress, depression, insomnia and trauma...I’m working on things.
Hugs sweetie
Thanks. I think all I needed was a little wallow and talking it out to see I was making something out of nothing. I am just going to do it, like I do everything else. Tuesday and Wednesday I was in a funkier mood than usual. I reread my post and just need to use my tools & move my ass.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm Candy isn’t even expensive at regular price. Lol Easter is once a year. My kids enjoy that basket that one day a year. When they are adults , and not living with me, I’ll miss preparing baskets for them. I only get so many years to do this.
how old are your kids? Its easy to say that when they are like 3 or 6. But as they get older they give way less shits. Trust me. My kids are almost 12 and they don't care about crap like that anymore.
My kids are almost 13 and 9. They can’t wait until Easter morning. We just dyed eggs tonight, as they love doing it. They get GOOD baskets too. I loved Easter through my teen years. My parents never stopped giving baskets and making holidays awesome.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 pm
KaiandKadensMama wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm Candy isn’t even expensive at regular price. Lol Easter is once a year. My kids enjoy that basket that one day a year. When they are adults , and not living with me, I’ll miss preparing baskets for them. I only get so many years to do this.
how old are your kids? Its easy to say that when they are like 3 or 6. But as they get older they give way less shits. Trust me. My kids are almost 12 and they don't care about crap like that anymore.
My kids are almost 13 and 9. They can’t wait until Easter morning. We just dyed eggs tonight, as they love doing it. They get GOOD baskets too. I loved Easter through my teen years. My parents never stopped giving baskets and making holidays awesome.
Oh it was never that exciting here. Even when I’m feeling ok, I’ve never been that into holidays. The baskets are never that good.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't even know what we're doing for Easter.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm Mine would but we don't make it all about candy.
I used to put games and stuff in the baskets too. Last year was the first year no one wanted to color eggs.
I figure just like Valentines day, or the fact that I didn't wrap Christmas presents (bags this year) They will be fine.
We do gifts in our baskets plus new outfits, shoes (we dress up for Easter) and then a little candy and I wrap everything for Christmas. Holidays are just special to me and I do them big.
Me too.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My mom still makes me a basket 😉
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am
Bubbs wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:59 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 pm How old are they?
I wouldn't worry about it.
13 & 11
Same age as my two girls and I am doing them. It would depend on how they feel about it. But personally, with my two, I like to keep the tradition going. They will have Easter baskets until they are 18. Even this year we are still doing the Easter egg hunt. It is only this year for the first time that my 11 year old doesn't want to do egg art.

While they may not be disappointed, I think they would enjoy the idea still at those ages. Once a childhood tradition is gone, it is gone!
Mine are the same ages and I agree.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My kids would care if they didn’t get a basket.
Deleted User 969

Unread post

That makes me sad. I’m in my 40s and still get an Easter basket- two, actually.
13 & 11
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonadon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:17 am That makes me sad. I’m in my 40s and still get an Easter basket- two, actually.
13 & 11
I’m going to do it for them. I’m feeling better than I was when I made this post originally.
I don’t get baskets but holidays aren’t my thing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic