OMG! Sooooo inappropriate! My DD wants to be this for Halloween!

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:12 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 pm

It is a terrorist who is obviously supposed to be Muslim. It is representing a Muslim person as a harmful stereotype.
A Muslim “ terrorist “Lol
Only an idiot would think a Muslim equals a suicide bomber. I wonder, would it make you feel better if he was Christian?
Well, yeah, the Christian kids don't typically get made fun of for their religion and called suicide bombers...
Christians might not get made fun of but they are talked about in a very bad light now days.
So I see it’s ok for one religion but not another. Interesting.
But again, it isn’t about the religion it’s about being an extremist and a terrorist. We have these in most every religion out there.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Shadowgirl123
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Skeleton costume. Just tell her to minus the turnbin, and say “I’m schemed the undead terrorist, but I blew up my hat.”
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 pm

It is a terrorist who is obviously supposed to be Muslim. It is representing a Muslim person as a harmful stereotype.
Only an idiot would think a Muslim equals a suicide bomber. I wonder, would it make you feel better if he was Christian?
Well, yeah, the Christian kids don't typically get made fun of for their religion and called suicide bombers...

That's so hypocritical of you. If it's wrong to ridicule one faith then it should be wrong to ridicule any faith.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:59 pm

That's so hypocritical of you. If it's wrong to ridicule one faith then it should be wrong to ridicule any faith.
It isn't hypocritical it is an entirely different situation. A child shouldn't be dressing up as a terrorist period, but there is a very big difference between the two.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If it’s inappropriate for a child to imitate, it’s probably inappropriate for a child to watch.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 am

It isn't hypocritical it is an entirely different situation. A child shouldn't be dressing up as a terrorist period, but there is a very big difference between the two.

No, it is not an entirely different situation. Wrong is wrong.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:59 am

It is an entirely different situation. There isn't a stereotype of Christians being terrorists. It isn't reinforcing anything, leading to discrimination.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 pm

It is an entirely different situation. There isn't a stereotype of Christians being terrorists. It isn't reinforcing anything, leading to discrimination.

It's not a different situation. In many parts of the world Christians are discriminated against and sometimes murdered. It often happens because of stereotypes. It's heinous to stereotype the followers of any faith.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:11 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 pm

It's not a different situation. In many parts of the world Christians are discriminated against and sometimes murdered. It often happens because of stereotypes. It's heinous to stereotype the followers of any faith.
The US isnt one of those places. Yes, a Christian stereotype could be dangerous in Nigeria. In New Jersey, not so much. Being a terrorist is not the stereotype of a Christian in this country.
Locked Previous topicNext topic