Which dress for Easter?

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm I have this dress but it's blue and short sleeve. I'll probably buy this one since dh likes burgundy and it has longer sleeeves.
IMG_4244.JPG
That is adorable.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm
Lemons wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm

We aren't catholic, we are allowed to have exposed shoulders, just about everyone does as long as it's warm enough. If my shoulders are really that distracting, that is their problem, not mine, they should know not to oogle at someone's shoulders in a church. My back isn't exposed in any of these dresses expect for the purple one, which I'd wear a shawl with because the shape looks baggy on me. I don't have large breasts, you do not see any cleavage when I wear these dresses, my breasts are fully covered. There is literally zero cleavage in the top dress, it's straight across on my collarbone.
I don’t think Catholic Churches have a dress code. I don’t get why people are saying inappropriate. What church has a dress code, written or unwritten?
Some Catholic churches require shoulders to be covered. I honestly think it's just anons wanting to be assholes. If I posted something more conservative looking, they'd be calling it a potato sack and saying I have my nose in the air judging people who don't cover every inch of skin.
The anons arent the assholes posting slutty dresses asking which one we should wear to church
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 pm There were plenty of people who replied under their SNs.

Some Catholic churches require shoulders to be covered. I honestly think it's just anons wanting to be assholes. If I posted something more conservative looking, they'd be calling it a potato sack and saying I have my nose in the air judging people who don't cover every inch of skin.
And the ones who did complained about exposed cleavage and backs, neither of which are actually exposed. Some people just want to complain. I asked which dress, not to decide my Churches dresscode.
I:
A) replied under my screen name and was nice.
B) I posted a dress that I am wearing and no o e called it a potato sack
i want candy!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 am
madfoodie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:46 pm I have this dress but it's blue and short sleeve. I'll probably buy this one since dh likes burgundy and it has longer sleeeves.
IMG_4244.JPG
That is adorable.
Thank you!
i want candy!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 am

I don’t think Catholic Churches have a dress code. I don’t get why people are saying inappropriate. What church has a dress code, written or unwritten?
The anons arent the assholes posting slutty dresses asking which one we should wear to church
How on earth are you calling these slutty dresses, unless you're living in The Handmaid's Tale. Good grief.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

None for me. Sorry.
Living my perfect life 💕
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm

Exposed shoulders, back, and cleavage are not okay for a religious service on the most holy Christian day. You're in your 30's. You should know to be more respectful of the church service.
We aren't catholic, we are allowed to have exposed shoulders, just about everyone does as long as it's warm enough. If my shoulders are really that distracting, that is their problem, not mine, they should know not to oogle at someone's shoulders in a church. My back isn't exposed in any of these dresses expect for the purple one, which I'd wear a shawl with because the shape looks baggy on me. I don't have large breasts, you do not see any cleavage when I wear these dresses, my breasts are fully covered. There is literally zero cleavage in the top dress, it's straight across on my collarbone.
Many people wear something a little dressy in Church, but it depends on the Church. I'm Catholic, so I'd wear a jacket or cardigan over any of those to dress them up a bit. It's just an unwritten rule, for lack of a better term, as a sign of respect. It's like going to court. There's no specific rule, but you level up when you're going as to show respect to the judge/court.

Many ladies of the Jewish faith practice modesty in daily dress, so they'd never walk into Synagogue uncovered like that. They have to have sleeves, covered shoulders, etc.

There are other Churches like some of the nondenominational Churches that are more "modern" I guess you could say, where their regular attire is casual - jeans, t-shirts - at services. Dresses like those would be fine on their own, no dressing up needed.

It all boils down to the atmosphere. I think we all have a sense of what's acceptable and what's not at our respective Churches.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You really are good at trolling. You know exactly what will get us going and you do it with some subtlety. Kudos to you.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I which ever one you like, I personally wouldn't wear any of those to Church
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

None
Locked Previous topicNext topic