teacher pushing “vegan agenda”

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So for some reason they have the English teachers doing the required “health and nutrition” lesson at my daughters school. Her English teacher has decided it’s a great time to push his meat is the devil vegan agenda. Yesterday part of the lesson was about bacon giving you cancer. My smart ass kid told him “I guess I’m getting cancer then because I love bacon”. He also told them that you can make cheese with your sweat and if a person eats cheese and you cut them open it smells like cheese.... wtf?!

But seriously give the kids nutrition facts, let them know how to eat properly, but don’t show them biased peta sponsored videos and tell them shit that’s your opinion. My kid already has food issues, I really don’t need her to have more stuff she won’t eat.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'd be making an official complaint about that foolishness.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What grade?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Donnie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pmWhat grade?
7th grade, not sure why that matters though.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm
7th grade they can handle hearing all kinds of opinions. 2nd graders take what their teachers say as truth. I'd just tell the kid everyone has their opinion. A vegan diet isn't the worse although I personally couldn't follow it. And I do believe the sulfites in bacon are cancer causing. Something is. So he can eat it just not huge amounts.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm
If it was elementary, I’d be at the school throwing a major fit.

If it was high school, the kids would be laughing and joking about it during lunch and in the halls. (Seriously, there was a similar situation at DD’s school this fall and that’s how the kids responded.)

Middle school is harder - I wanted dd to fight her own battles at that age, but was willing to step in if necessary. I guess your DD’s attitude about it would determine my next step.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Your kid needs to tell the idiot that his beloved tofu will give him manboobs and breast cancer.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'd send him to school wearing a t-shirt with a juicy steak on it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I had the same problem with my DD teacher. The teacher told DD eating meat is bad. So being a small kindergardener sp? She believed her and got salad bar but wouldn't eat it and basically starved. We didn't find out until we fried fish for dinner one day and my DD told me eating animals is bad. I explained to her how animals eat other animals and their not bad and if they didn't they would starve.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:00 pm I had the same problem with my DD teacher. The teacher told DD eating meat is bad. So being a small kindergardener sp? She believed her and got salad bar but wouldn't eat it and basically starved. We didn't find out until we fried fish for dinner one day and my DD told me eating animals is bad. I explained to her how animals eat other animals and their not bad and if they didn't they would starve.
My daughter told me she told him today that she eats meat because she likes it (she seriously only eats ham and chicken I’m lucky if she eats a burger usually she just eats the bun) and he told her in Asian countries they torture and eat dogs and asked if she thought that was ok... wtf...

He’s making her feel like she’s a bad person with no morals and it’s bullshit, I can hardly get enough protein in the kid as it is I don’t need this doofus trying to make her feel bad for eating.
Locked Previous topicNext topic