Bringing a kid to your appointment

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a consultation with an oral surgeon Thursday. It's an hour away and I need to take ds with me. He loves books and will be happy just sitting in the waiting room reading. What is the age it's ok to do that? Hes almost 12 so it's not like I'm leaving I little kid in there.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At that age he should be fine in the waiting room by himself.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've done that with my daughter at an even younger age.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If he's almost 12, why not just leave him home?
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

DS sat in the waiting room a couple of psychiatrist appointments ago. He was 10yo, had his laptop and worked on his schoolwork while I was in with the doctor. It was fine.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 am If he's almost 12, why not just leave him home?
Because he needs to be somewhere else in the same town the same day. Taking him will save me 2 hours of driving.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Of course he can sit in the waiting room.
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My 11 year old is about to go sit in the waiting room at my hair appointment. It's fine.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

At my job the child wouldnt be allowed in. You might want to call up and see what they say
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My daughter sat in our family dentists waiting room at 4. It was an emergency and I couldn't find anyone else right then. She sat in the waiting room coloring and playing wit the toys I packed and the kids books they had. It wasn't a problem. I don't think it would be a problem at 12.
Locked Previous topicNext topic