It doesn't bother me would it bother you?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have been a sahm for almost 9 years so I did all the housework and cooking, errands, bill paying etc. I just recently went back to work a few months ago and have been averaging about 32 hours a week. I still do all the cleaning and cooking except for the chores my daughter does. It doesn't bother me at all as I prefer to do most things because I have high standards. My sister was saying that half the responsibility should go to my husband. If you and your husband or spouse both work do you share the housework and cleaning or does one do more than the other?
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We both work, have for years and yes, it would bother me if I had to do everything at home still. When I was a SAHM, there were times I did ask him to pitch in but I did the vast majority of cleaning and errands on top of taking care of the kids. When I went back to work it pretty much went without saying he needed to help out at home.
JD80
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

I'm like you, I'd rather do it myself the way I want it done. I would expect my spouse to pitch in at times if I were overwhelmed or not able to get everything done, but if it doesn't bother you, it shouldn't bother her.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

In my house, it is who decides to do it first. There is no half this, that, or the other. But it does get done.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In some cleaning chores my husband is better at it than I am. We don't share everything equally. Sometimes it is more me, sometimes more him. Neither of us complain even when we have a reason too!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it doesn't bother you, great. But it would bother me. I am not a live-in maid.

In my household, the only two things that will exempt you from doing housework are age and/or health. Otherwise you are going to contribute. Even when I was a SAHM, I would do the majority but I refused to do 100%. And as a WOHM, I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to do 100%. If I wanted to do 100% of the housework I would live alone.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn't mind at first after I went back to work.
however it does get old and resentment can start.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I was married we both did chores, but he was more of a clean freak than me so he probably did more. We both had fulltime jobs.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think the couples that are the happiest are the ones that appreciate one another and don't take each other for granted.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yeah that wouldn’t fly with me! We are a partnership. If you’re ok with it then that’s nobody’s business.
Locked Previous topicNext topic